Hi from a new F Type owner

New to the F-Type Forum? Please introduce yourself here
User avatar
scm
Posts: 360
Joined: Fri Aug 10, 2018 11:39 am
Location: Southampton

Re: Hi from a new F Type owner

Post by scm » Sun Jan 13, 2019 5:51 pm

Make sure they don't put a big ugly rear number plate on - Harwoods do that (well, they did on mine until I moaned at them). ;)
MY18 F-Type V8 R AWD in Glacier White
Lots of leather and toys, and loads of noise!


8003px
Posts: 22
Joined: Wed Jan 02, 2019 6:57 pm

Re: Hi from a new F Type owner

Post by 8003px » Sun Jan 13, 2019 6:12 pm

Thanks for the kind replys, I will be transfering my own plate on to it soon.
With regards to the comments about loosing the chrome and gloss black on the sill and splitter, that was my plan originally but after seeing the car in the flesh i like the chrome, adds a touch of class/luxury in my eyes and blended with the wheel highlights but lets see once i have lived with it a bit.

Has anyone advice on where i would be able to get a Flat bottomed wheel from? Harwoods say they are not available.
Mark

2014 V8R Convertible
IRR
Jet Interior with Red contrast stitching
20" Storm wheels
Carbon Fibre Brakes, Winter Pack, Parking Pack,


XZ4
Posts: 55
Joined: Sun Jul 29, 2018 9:26 am
Location: Tayside

Re: Hi from a new F Type owner

Post by XZ4 » Sun Jan 13, 2019 6:16 pm

There are 3 on ebay for £325-£395
3.0S Convertible. Polaris White with black hood, Black pack, Design pack, 20" Cyclones, Red performance heated seats, heated steering wheel, plus lots more


8003px
Posts: 22
Joined: Wed Jan 02, 2019 6:57 pm

Re: Hi from a new F Type owner

Post by 8003px » Sun Jan 13, 2019 8:03 pm

XZ4 wrote:
Sun Jan 13, 2019 6:16 pm
There are 3 on ebay for £325-£395
Thanks, will take a look now.
Mark

2014 V8R Convertible
IRR
Jet Interior with Red contrast stitching
20" Storm wheels
Carbon Fibre Brakes, Winter Pack, Parking Pack,


8003px
Posts: 22
Joined: Wed Jan 02, 2019 6:57 pm

Re: Hi from a new F Type owner

Post by 8003px » Sun Jan 13, 2019 8:06 pm

Dont think they are any use as i dont think they are heated.
Mark

2014 V8R Convertible
IRR
Jet Interior with Red contrast stitching
20" Storm wheels
Carbon Fibre Brakes, Winter Pack, Parking Pack,


simpleR
Posts: 333
Joined: Tue Oct 31, 2017 11:56 am

Re: Hi from a new F Type owner

Post by simpleR » Sun Jan 13, 2019 8:42 pm

8003px wrote:
Sun Jan 13, 2019 8:06 pm
Dont think they are any use as i dont think they are heated.
According to Topix/manual.

Model:
2014 Jaguar F-Type 5.0L Supercharged V8 convertible

Part Description:
Black Leather Flat Bottom Heated Steering Wheel, OEM; Jaguar F-Type V8 X152 2014-15

Jaguar OEM Part Number:
T2R1177PVJ

Hope that helps!
400 Sport AWD - MY18 - Black, pano roof and thats about it 8-)


8003px
Posts: 22
Joined: Wed Jan 02, 2019 6:57 pm

Re: Hi from a new F Type owner

Post by 8003px » Sun Jan 13, 2019 8:53 pm

simpleR wrote:
Sun Jan 13, 2019 8:42 pm
8003px wrote:
Sun Jan 13, 2019 8:06 pm
Dont think they are any use as i dont think they are heated.
According to Topix/manual.

Model:
2014 Jaguar F-Type 5.0L Supercharged V8 convertible

Part Description:
Black Leather Flat Bottom Heated Steering Wheel, OEM; Jaguar F-Type V8 X152 2014-15

Jaguar OEM Part Number:
T2R1177PVJ

Hope that helps!
Thats great, thanks for the assistance, i will ask the dealer
Mark

2014 V8R Convertible
IRR
Jet Interior with Red contrast stitching
20" Storm wheels
Carbon Fibre Brakes, Winter Pack, Parking Pack,


User avatar
Tel
Posts: 1136
Joined: Sat Apr 19, 2014 7:26 pm

Re: Hi from a new F Type owner

Post by Tel » Mon Jan 14, 2019 4:06 am

Flat bottom wheels are a PITA, especially if you intend some track or opposite lock action, first thing I did was have the factory change it over to a conventional 'wheel' :-)

Fine on the Black vs Chrome...of course 'beauty is in the eye of the beholder'....Italian Racing Red looks good whatever you throw at it.
2016MY V8R RWD Cabriolet IRR
All the goodies plus
Black Pack
Forged lightweight Blades
Jet/Red R Heated sports seats/wheel
Full custom Xpel Ultimate PPF wrap
Piano-Black badges
17mm Motorsportech Hubcentric Spacers
Smarttop remote
Black exhaust tips


8003px
Posts: 22
Joined: Wed Jan 02, 2019 6:57 pm

Re: Hi from a new F Type owner

Post by 8003px » Mon Jan 14, 2019 12:12 pm

Tel wrote:
Mon Jan 14, 2019 4:06 am
Flat bottom wheels are a PITA, especially if you intend some track or opposite lock action, first thing I did was have the factory change it over to a conventional 'wheel' :-)

Fine on the Black vs Chrome...of course 'beauty is in the eye of the beholder'....Italian Racing Red looks good whatever you throw at it.
Do you still have the flat bottom Tel, would be intrested?
Mark

2014 V8R Convertible
IRR
Jet Interior with Red contrast stitching
20" Storm wheels
Carbon Fibre Brakes, Winter Pack, Parking Pack,


simpleR
Posts: 333
Joined: Tue Oct 31, 2017 11:56 am

Re: Hi from a new F Type owner

Post by simpleR » Mon Jan 14, 2019 12:34 pm

8003px wrote:
Sun Jan 13, 2019 8:53 pm
simpleR wrote:
Sun Jan 13, 2019 8:42 pm
8003px wrote:
Sun Jan 13, 2019 8:06 pm
Dont think they are any use as i dont think they are heated.
According to Topix/manual.

Model:
2014 Jaguar F-Type 5.0L Supercharged V8 convertible

Part Description:
Black Leather Flat Bottom Heated Steering Wheel, OEM; Jaguar F-Type V8 X152 2014-15

Jaguar OEM Part Number:
T2R1177PVJ

Hope that helps!
Thats great, thanks for the assistance, i will ask the dealer
If you Google that part code it returns round steering wheel and not flat bottom. Either people selling them are displaying the wrong picture or the part code is wrong on system. Proceed with caution if purchasing that part code.
400 Sport AWD - MY18 - Black, pano roof and thats about it 8-)


Post Reply

Return to “Introductions”