Front grill

Technical Advice, Faults and How-To Information.
steviegtr

Post by steviegtr »

Hi does anyone know if the cross piece of front grill is separate from the grill itself. I went to fit my smaller No plates today. I removed the jaguar plastic backing plate for the plate & there are screw holes all over the place. 3 from the frame itself & another 4 where people have screwed there's on. So now I have a cross bar with holes showing. Also any idea how to remove it, i,e does the whole bumper have to come off.

20190325_182544.jpg

2017 f type 5.0 R AWD Glacier Pearl white Cabriolet
Sports seats 14way. Powerfold mirrors, Keyless. Hp Brakes, Split rims,
Heated screen. Meridian 380w.

Alasdair63

Post by Alasdair63 »

Hi, yes the whole bumper has to come off , I removed mine on my v6 as the body shop couldn’t paint it on the car
Corrie grey svr Coupé
Carbon graphite vorsteiner wheels
Kw lowering springs
PB big brakes
Senninha

Post by Senninha »

Points to note ... yes the bumper has to come off ... you’ll need to disconnect the plugs on the near side for the washer system ... you’ll spend more time undoing and replacing the many bolts and fixings ... the cross beam is secured by several bolts from behind and you CANNOT get to them any other way ... finally, removal and refitting of the bumper is a two person job.

I dropped mine off to replace the bar with the gloss black version when I installed the low level removal plate mount
Storm Grey V6 coupe, fun, fast, popping and crackling with smiles all the way ... missed more than I expected!
1998 NSX 3.2 Targa manual
C43 AMG estate, lots of toys, like the F-Type but with 4 seats and far more stealthy but still with pops and crackles!
steviegtr

Post by steviegtr »

Thanks guys.
XZ4

Post by XZ4 »

Mine was the same. I got a smart repair done on it. Short plates on now.

MY14 3.0S Convertible. Polaris White with black hood, Black pack, Design pack, 20" Cyclones, Red performance heated seats, heated flat bottom steering wheel, Meridian sound system, plus lots more
400P

Post by 400P »

I have a short (5 digit) number plate to fit to mine. Is it possible to buy a new shortened number plate holder - or is it a DIY job with the existing holder? Any other tactics people have used - perhaps removing the holder completely? I'm yet to take mine off so apologies if the above questions are nonsense!!

Thanks

XZ4 - yours looks very good btw 👍
- RWD 400 Sport -
steviegtr

Post by steviegtr »

That was my original question. The standard holder leaves 3 holes in the cross bar.
steviegtr

Post by steviegtr »

XZ4 wrote: Tue Mar 26, 2019 6:40 am Mine was the same. I got a smart repair done on it. Short plates on now.

XZ4 come over from the dark side . Ex Evoque. Remember me. Had the carp grey dyn lux. Motorcycles galore.
XZ4

Post by XZ4 »

Hi Stevie, thought I recognised the user name. Hope you're enjoying the F Type.
MY14 3.0S Convertible. Polaris White with black hood, Black pack, Design pack, 20" Cyclones, Red performance heated seats, heated flat bottom steering wheel, Meridian sound system, plus lots more

• You may also be interested in...
    Replies
    Views
    Last post