Low battery issue after first MOT and health check.

Anything F-Type related......
simpleR

Post by simpleR »

DaddyDarren wrote: Sat Dec 04, 2021 8:11 pm Sounding completely like a BBC Radio 5 Live Producer. In the interests of balance, I’ve has three MOT & services at Inchcape Jaguar Derby & never had this issue 👍
+1 for Inchcape Derby, had 4 services and 2 MOT's and software updates and warranty work and no issues to report after 4.5yrs and 34,000 miles.
400 Sport AWD - MY18 - Black

Tewy

Post by Tewy »

You have to take into account that Inchcape Derby is a franchised dealer so obviously looking at local reviews are a must to getting good service.
F type 3.0 V6 supercharged manual, Honda CRV, Jaguar XJ-SC manual 3.6
scm

Post by scm »

01286p wrote: Sun Dec 05, 2021 2:43 pm So perhaps the moral of the story is that having been to a Jaguar Dealer for a service one should check that the Red triangle goes out before leaving the Dealer.
Or the moral of the story is to check vehicle settings after it's been to a dealer as they may well have changed some to check they're working. Leaving headlights on would definitely run the battery down overnight - my Nissan Almera battery went flat in 24 hours with just the boot light on (someone had rammed the backend and distorted the bodywork enough to stop the light switch from shutting off). The red triangle would have nothing to say about you leaving your headlights on all night.
MY18 F-Type V8 R AWD in Glacier White
Lots of leather and toys, and loads of noise!
Tewy

Post by Tewy »

Just had a new Service manager at my local Jaguar garage accept that there looks to be an issue in their servicing process but at this moment he does not know the answer to problem. As a compromise we have agreed that they will replace my battery at a 50% discount. I suggested this and I am just happy that someone accepts that there is a good chance that their process is at fault
F type 3.0 V6 supercharged manual, Honda CRV, Jaguar XJ-SC manual 3.6
Tel

Post by Tel »

Or...THE moral might be, to protect your car data and your car from being nicked:

Not tried this cover, but looks low profile enough to work perhaps?

Mine stays on, the dealership know that, so does the MOT station.
If there is a worthwhile update that I think is useful, then the cover would come off. Never have any hangups then.
2016MY V8R IRR
ITG Maxogen Cold air intake kit
Billet OBD lock
Forged lightweight Blades
Full custom Xpel Ultimate PPF wrap
Piano Black badges
17mm MST Hubcentrics
Smarttop remote
Black exhaust tips
Porterfield RS-4 Carbon Kevlar pads
Mich PS4S's
+ more 💩
HaloJones

Post by HaloJones »

Thread resurrection:

My V6S was MOT'ed at Group 1 Sidcup on Friday (passed with no issues). The next morning got a Low Battery warning - never had an issue in a year. Drove down to Kent and back over the weekend and still had the problem on Monday. Charged the battery with my CTEK and still had the low battery warning.

Disconnected the battery, waited ten minutes, reconnected. No more warning.

Mental.
scm

Post by scm »

Sounds like the OBD port was used and the session not correctly shut down, resulting in modules staying awake. You can check by looking at the hazard light switch - the illumination should go out 10-15 minutes after locking the car. If it stays on, you need to do the battery disconnect trick. Might be worth telling the MOT garage about it so they know for the future.
HaloJones

Post by HaloJones »

I disconnected the battery and the problem is gone. Now need to do the windows of course.

The MOT was done by a JLR dealer. They really should know, shouldn't they?

EDIT: Window calibration not working. Any tips? I followed the manual instructions and the one-touch open woks but not the one-touch close and the Incontrol app thinks the windows are open...
scm

Post by scm »

One of the members of the US forum said the window reset procedure only worked for him if the car was moving! For mine it says to repeat the procedure a total of 5 times. Is that what you did?
HaloJones

Post by HaloJones »

Did it multiple times but maybe not five times. Car still says its windows are open which I guess shows they're not properly calibrated yet. Will try again tomorrow and do it five times. Annoying eccentricity.

• You may also be interested in...
    Replies
    Views
    Last post