Anyone help with Battery Reconditioning

Anything F-Type related......
RPSN

Post by RPSN »

Yep, that's the one (black pipe with red end).

When charging the car battery, I put the CTEK in the car boot on top of a rubber mat. I slide the metal end of a screwdriver underneath it just to create a small gap to aid with air circulation. This is just a precautionary measure as there is hardly any heat generated from the CTEK (even after an overnight charge).

By doing it this way saves you from removing the boot trim covers.
2016MY V6S Coupe RWD Auto 380PS Supercharged
Rhodium Silver
Panoramic Glass Roof
Sports Seats (heated) in Jet Leather
Seat Memory Pack 2 (14x14 way)
Powered Tailgate (open & close)
Reverse Park Camera with Guidance
Front Parking Aid

scm

Post by scm »

The time it takes to reach the last (green) light will indicate the state of charge it was (not) holding. ;)
MY18 F-Type V8 R AWD in Glacier White
Lots of leather and toys, and loads of noise!
Philskill

Post by Philskill »

Another little tip if you are going to hardwire, you must buy the correct Connector kit with the fuse for the CTEK, it's vitally important to have a fuse inline for a hardwire.

This might help as I've just done mine
viewtopic.php?f=17&t=3920&start=60
MY19 Carpathian Grey R-Dynamic P300, Black pack in and out, 12 way Memory seats, Climate Pack, Park assist, Meridian Surround, switchable exhaust.
RPSN

Post by RPSN »

Well spotted Philskill.

Just zoomed in on the photo provided by ml276 and I can see there’s no inline fuse on the CTEK positive wire. As you say, it is vitally important to have this fuse.

The CTEK MXS 5.0 kit that I bought came with the CTEK Comfort Indicator (with 8.4mm eyelets) which has the inline fuse (see photo).

Here’s an ebay link for ml276 for the Comfort Indicator (you can also get it on Amazon).......

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/CTEK-Comfort ... 1743773864

If you'd rather use the CTEK Comfort Indicator Panel Adapter (same as Philskill) here's an ebay link (also available on Amazon).......

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/CTEK-Comfort ... Sws0pcGSBx

DSCN5663.JPG

Rhodium Silver
Panoramic Glass Roof
Front Parking Aid
ml276

Post by ml276 »

:shock: :!: cheers guys! i had no idea you needed the extra bit of kit for hardwiring!!
MY16 V6S Coupe Corris Grey
RPSN

Post by RPSN »

Both Comfort Indicators do the same job but some prefer the Panel Adapter as it can be positioned in the boot side trim panel etc, and it’s always visible. This is more difficult to fit as you have to get behind the side trim panel (see Philskill’s link above).

My Comfort Indicator is accessed by simply removing the battery trim cover (I’ve tucked it neatly beneath).
Rhodium Silver
Panoramic Glass Roof
Front Parking Aid
ayrejc

Post by ayrejc »

Philskill wrote: Wed Jan 01, 2020 8:48 pm Another little tip if you are going to hardwire, you must buy the correct Connector kit with the fuse for the CTEK, it's vitally important to have a fuse inline for a hardwire.

Thanks for this but sorry to be an idiot. I have done this by connecting the eyelets of my MXS 7.0 to the negative earth and the positive terminal by the yellow wire as seems to be the norm. I used a CTEK connect 2xtension cable to feed up through the boot linings to leave the connection for the charger accessible in the boot without removing any paneling. Do I still need the CTEK Indicator Panel as well?

https://www.ctek.com/products/vehicle/c ... sion-cable

Thanks for the advice
MY18 F Type 400 Sport Coupe RWD Satin Chrome Orange
ml276

Post by ml276 »

ayrejc wrote: Thu Jan 02, 2020 1:54 pm
Philskill wrote: Wed Jan 01, 2020 8:48 pm Another little tip if you are going to hardwire, you must buy the correct Connector kit with the fuse for the CTEK, it's vitally important to have a fuse inline for a hardwire.

Thanks for this but sorry to be an idiot. I have done this by connecting the eyelets of my MXS 7.0 to the negative earth and the positive terminal by the yellow wire as seems to be the norm. I used a CTEK connect 2xtension cable to feed up through the boot linings to leave the connection for the charger accessible in the boot without removing any paneling. Do I still need the CTEK Indicator Panel as well?

https://www.ctek.com/products/vehicle/c ... sion-cable

Thanks for the advice
I think the answer to this might be yes, because of the fuse buisness, but will let these guys confirm. I think the CTEK Comfort Indicator Eyelet M8 would do too, which I found yesterday for £3:

https://www.mccormicktools.co.uk/ctek-5 ... or-m8.html
ml276

Post by ml276 »

Have just checked up on the CTEK and success! It's on the 7th light (which is green). Am I correct that there is no need for it to go to the 8th and final light?
scm

Post by scm »

ml276 wrote: Thu Jan 02, 2020 2:07 pm Have just checked up on the CTEK and success! It's on the 7th light (which is green). Am I correct that there is no need for it to go to the 8th and final light?
No, that only lights up if you leave the CTEK connected and the voltage drops so the charge cycle restarts. Hopefully, your voltage issues are now a thing of the past - fingers crossed! :D
MY18 F-Type V8 R AWD in Glacier White
Lots of leather and toys, and loads of noise!

• You may also be interested in...
    Replies
    Views
    Last post