How to remove number plate holder?

Anything F-Type related......
Blueone

Post by Blueone »

Any ideas how to get the number plate holder off so I can take a picture of the car without a plate on it?
MY20 F-Type P340

NAC63

Post by NAC63 »

Front ? Warm the number plate with a hair drier and slowly pull away from the sticky pads, behind the plate are a number of screws fastening it to the front cross member.
2014 V8S Convertible in black all the extras plus lots of carbon bits.
H&R lowering springs
Eibach 15mm wheel spacers
Blueone

Post by Blueone »

NAC63 wrote: Sat Dec 14, 2019 4:20 pm Front ? Warm the number plate with a hair drier and slowly pull away from the sticky pads, behind the plate are a number of screws fastening it to the front cross member.
Thanks. Yes front. Will it stick back okay or will I need new pads?
MY20 F-Type P340
XZ4

Post by XZ4 »

You'll need new sticky tape/pads.
MY14 3.0S Convertible. Polaris White with black hood, Black pack, Design pack, 20" Cyclones, Red performance heated seats, heated flat bottom steering wheel, Meridian sound system, plus lots more
cj10jeeper

Post by cj10jeeper »

I think you’ll be lucky to find the holder fastened on with self tappers. All those I’ve stripped have been rivets.
2014 MY 3.0 V6S Roadster
Subtle enhancements to create the car I wanted from SVR nose cone, 400 series side skirts & customised 'design' rear bumper, to heated SVR steering wheel and more
steviegtr

Post by steviegtr »

Took mine off when I bought the car. 4 Self tap screws. Leaves 4 holes in cross bar. I fitted short plates until I do the Project 7 mod. I think XZ4 did same but had the holes prof filled. See mine which is only temp for now. Too many jobs on at moment. Sorry. Edit. the 4 holes it left which show are where the reprobates who fitted private plates previously decided to drill & fix instead of sticky pads.

20190326_113350.jpg

2017 f type 5.0 R AWD Glacier Pearl white Cabriolet
Sports seats 14way. Powerfold mirrors, Keyless. Hp Brakes, Split rims,
Heated screen. Meridian 380w.
Philskill

Post by Philskill »

Just done the plates on mine, Front had 3 self tappers in 3 official recesses in the number plate holder, but the dealer had attached the plate to the holder with short self tappers, that had not punctured the crossbar but had been buzzing on it.

Cleaned and polished the crossbar, ceramic coated it and re attached the holder and stuck the new plate with new sticky pads after wiping with IPA, (the most important bit that usually doesn't get done), looks much better now no screws/covers showing.
MY19 Carpathian Grey R-Dynamic P300, Black pack in and out, 12 way Memory seats, Climate Pack, Park assist, Meridian Surround, switchable exhaust.
XZ4

Post by XZ4 »

As Steviegtr said above, I had mine smart repaired to get rid of the holes the self tappers had made then stuck my plates on without the plinth

MY14 3.0S Convertible. Polaris White with black hood, Black pack, Design pack, 20" Cyclones, Red performance heated seats, heated flat bottom steering wheel, Meridian sound system, plus lots more

• You may also be interested in...
    Replies
    Views
    Last post