Whats this whurring noise?

Anything F-Type related......
bobpies

Post by bobpies »

Hi all,

have owned a 2015 R for about 2 months now - only about 3 days ago i started noticing a whurring noise that picks up at around about 30 - 35mph when rolling
doesn't seem to be related to the engine rev amounts so my guess is its something with the wheels ?

ive 2 clips here - first is just the un edited version - the whurring starts half way through as i rev up to speed
the 2nd clip isolates the frequency that i'm hearing to give you a better idea of the sound i'm getting in my ear.

it's kind of hard to hear / explain which is why i included the 2nd clip there that isolates it, but i definitely have never picked up on it until now
The sound i liken it to is like ghosts gooing "ooooooooo" at you - if you get me.. :P

https://www.dropbox.com/s/khc6t38fmf52t ... l.mp3?dl=0
https://www.dropbox.com/s/3zveh0znpvjgj ... n.mp3?dl=0

Tel

Post by Tel »

I was scared just reading the post ;-)

Have a look around the car to see if it's wind induced, possibly around the front end or around the window gaps. Could be one of the door seals not sitting correctly, that said it could be a plethora of things...somewhere to start though! Very goulish!
2016MY V8R IRR
ITG Maxogen Cold air intake kit
Billet OBD lock
Forged lightweight Blades
Full custom Xpel Ultimate PPF wrap
Piano Black badges
17mm MST Hubcentrics
Smarttop remote
Black exhaust tips
Porterfield RS-4 Carbon Kevlar pads
Mich PS4S's
+ more đź’©
Deleted User 2483

Post by Deleted User 2483 »

I guess you already know, check wheel bearings.
GARETH

Post by GARETH »

Tyre noise?
2014 Jaguar F-Type 3.0 S Coupe in Salsa red
2021 Land Rover Defender 110 X-Dynamic HSE
1968 Land Rover Series 2a 88”
1966 Land Rover Series 2a 109” ex army.
bobpies

Post by bobpies »

Stevepax wrote: ↑Mon Jan 27, 2020 3:57 pm I guess you already know, check wheel bearings.
hmm i'll jack it up and give the wheels a spin and a feel
W7KET

Post by W7KET »

I have heard similar on mine and mines only 8 months old ? Don’t hear it all the time though but it’s odd ?
bobpies wrote: ↑Mon Jan 27, 2020 1:35 pm Hi all,

have owned a 2015 R for about 2 months now - only about 3 days ago i started noticing a whurring noise that picks up at around about 30 - 35mph when rolling
doesn't seem to be related to the engine rev amounts so my guess is its something with the wheels ?

ive 2 clips here - first is just the un edited version - the whurring starts half way through as i rev up to speed
the 2nd clip isolates the frequency that i'm hearing to give you a better idea of the sound i'm getting in my ear.

it's kind of hard to hear / explain which is why i included the 2nd clip there that isolates it, but i definitely have never picked up on it until now
The sound i liken it to is like ghosts gooing "ooooooooo" at you - if you get me.. :P

https://www.dropbox.com/s/khc6t38fmf52t ... l.mp3?dl=0
https://www.dropbox.com/s/3zveh0znpvjgj ... n.mp3?dl=0
P300 R Dynamic
White
Oldbury (Birmingham)
bobpies

Post by bobpies »

any one know if these (wheel bearings) are covered under the extended warranty?

i jacked it up - tested the front wheels and no issue, but i cannot test the back wheel cuz they are obviously locked with the parking break.
don't want to venture all the way and leave it for jag to sort if its not actually covered
Last edited by bobpies on Tue Feb 04, 2020 4:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.
scm

Post by scm »

bobpies wrote: ↑Tue Feb 04, 2020 3:03 pm..., but i cannot test the back wheel cuz they are obviously locked with the parking brake.
You can prevent the automatic application of the park brake - details in your manual. To prevent when selecting Park, press and hold the EPB switch in the release position prior to pressing P. To prevent application when turning off the ignition press and hold the EPB switch in the release position. Within 5 seconds switch off the ignition and continue to hold the EPB switch for a further 2 seconds.
MY18 F-Type V8 R AWD in Glacier White
Lots of leather and toys, and loads of noise!
bobpies

Post by bobpies »

scm wrote: ↑Tue Feb 04, 2020 4:34 pm
bobpies wrote: ↑Tue Feb 04, 2020 3:03 pm..., but i cannot test the back wheel cuz they are obviously locked with the parking brake.
You can prevent the automatic application of the park brake - details in your manual. To prevent when selecting Park, press and hold the EPB switch in the release position prior to pressing P. To prevent application when turning off the ignition press and hold the EPB switch in the release position. Within 5 seconds switch off the ignition and continue to hold the EPB switch for a further 2 seconds.
i don't fancy jacking it up with no parking brake! :shock:
i think i need it on a lift to test the back wheels
scm

Post by scm »

bobpies wrote: ↑Tue Feb 04, 2020 4:39 pm i don't fancy jacking it up with no parking brake! :shock:
I was giving information, not a recommendation! :lol:
MY18 F-Type V8 R AWD in Glacier White
Lots of leather and toys, and loads of noise!

• You may also be interested in...
    Replies
    Views
    Last post