Mud flaps anyone?

Anything F-Type related......
Jagalot

Post by Jagalot »

Not sexy I know, but my car is picking up quite a bit of rubbish on the bodywork due to the 20" wheels.

Jaguar don't do an official F-Type mud flap so I was wondering if anyone had sourced any good ones.

I want something that is discrete but effective not some eBay 3rd party rubbish. My dealer couldn't help.

GATV6S

Post by GATV6S »

Definitely not sexy!
I have noticed that mine is a dirt trap but then this time of year I expect that.
Personal choice but I couldn't compromise the looks of the coupe with mudflaps however discreet. And discreet would probably mean ineffective.
Selborne

Post by Selborne »

I have one large mud flap, keep the car really clean, called a garage, which is where the cars stays all winter Smile,

My wife had many years ago a saab convertable and there were no mud flats available from the manufacturer for these, so I made a set using the universal kits that Halfords sell and instead of screwing things to the body work, I used super strong double sided tape (available from Tool station), the mud flats lasted the three years she had the car !! just remember to make sure that the tape is stuck to very clear body work !

Jamie
Jagman14

Post by Jagman14 »

Took mine out of storage yesterday for a drive, I was missing it :(.

After just two hours driving it was filthy and covered in grit and salt. There was no way I was going to carry on driving as I am sure that mix was not doing the paint work or underneath any good.

Oh, and it was sliding a fair bit and wheel spinning in the light frost and icy ish roads.

It's deffo a summer car.

Tel

Post by Tel »

Not mud flaps as such, but I am drawing up some templates for some discrete splash guards.

Over the last month or so, the roads have been a little more wet and gritty than usual, and I have noticed as have many, that the crap gets launched off the front wheel and pretty much covers the sides and lower skirt. I guess this is because the offset of the wheel in relation to the wheel arch.

To my mind, all it requires is a small, discrete clear plastic shaped deflector. First cuts will be from Tupperware lids...much to the annoyance of the other half, and the kids when they take their lunches to school next week LOL

2016MY V8R IRR
ITG Maxogen Cold air intake kit
Billet OBD lock
Forged lightweight Blades
Full custom Xpel Ultimate PPF wrap
Piano Black badges
17mm MST Hubcentrics
Smarttop remote
Black exhaust tips
Porterfield RS-4 Carbon Kevlar pads
Mich PS4S's
+ more 💩
Jagalot

Post by Jagalot »

Can't wait Tel.
mdxc90

Post by mdxc90 »

Not mud flaps as such, but I am drawing up some templates for some discrete splash guards.

Over the last month or so, the roads have been a little more wet and gritty than usual, and I have noticed as have many, that the crap gets launched off the front wheel and pretty much covers the sides and lower skirt. I guess this is because the offset of the wheel in relation to the wheel arch.

To my mind, all it requires is a small, discrete clear plastic shaped deflector. First cuts will be from Tupperware lids...much to the annoyance of the other half, and the kids when they take their lunches to school next week LOL

Any luck with the Mud Flaps. The bottom of the car gets so dirty!
Thanks.
Tel

Post by Tel »

Nope, unfortunately not.

I have been without the F-Type Jaaag for a month or two now, relying on an XF diesel for my thrills!

Hopefully have the new F soon though....I hope.
2016MY V8R IRR
ITG Maxogen Cold air intake kit
Billet OBD lock
Forged lightweight Blades
Full custom Xpel Ultimate PPF wrap
Piano Black badges
17mm MST Hubcentrics
Smarttop remote
Black exhaust tips
Porterfield RS-4 Carbon Kevlar pads
Mich PS4S's
+ more 💩
mdxc90

Post by mdxc90 »

Nope, unfortunately not.

I have been without the F-Type Jaaag for a month or two now, relying on an XF diesel for my thrills!

Hopefully have the new F soon though....I hope.

CryCry

ronniet

Post by ronniet »

jaguar actually did a small carbon fibre splash guard for the front wheels, cant find one anywhere but did happen upon one in a US Jaguar brochure

Ive had a small one similar to the above made by a guy in the US so will fit and see how it looks