Brake pad dust

Technical Advice, Faults and How-To Information.
NavigatorNI

Post by NavigatorNI »

I've been running on the Apec pads for 18months now and am very happy with them. Performance wise, I haven't noticed any difference from the OEM pads but they definitely produce much less dust.
V6S Coupé, RWD, MY16
Salsa Red
20" Turbine silver alloys
Lots of extras
Lots of noise
Lots of smiles :D :D :D

Tel

Post by Tel »

NavigatorNI wrote: Thu Mar 02, 2023 11:59 pm I've been running on the Apec pads for 18months now and am very happy with them. Performance wise, I haven't noticed any difference from the OEM pads but they definitely produce much less dust.
I've had my R4-S's Porterfields in for 4 years.
They do take a smidge to come up to temperature which could be a little disconcerting if someone did a brake test in front of you, but the lack of any dust is a blessing.

If anyone wants a fresh set of OEM pads all round, can have them for now't!

Porterfield Brakes » R4-S

R4-S High Performance Street and Autocross – For high performance and heavy duty street conditions, the R4-S compound remains a top performer in the realm of street/performance brake pads. Perfect for everyday street driving while also being capable of enduring the most severe street use without fade. It is rotor friendly, low dust and squeal. We have gone to great lengths to ensure it is the absolute lowest noise and dust levels produced for a performance street compound. With this pad compound you will increase the friction level of your pads resulting in quicker stops. The pads will last longer and be more quiet and produce less dust than your current OEM pad.
2016MY V8R IRR
ITG Maxogen Cold air intake kit
Billet OBD lock
Forged lightweight Blades
Full custom Xpel Ultimate PPF wrap
Piano Black badges
17mm MST Hubcentrics
Smarttop remote
Black exhaust tips
Porterfield RS-4 Carbon Kevlar pads
Mich PS4S's
+ more 💩