MY 2016 v6 S Active Exhaust

Anything F-Type related......
Si Cads

Post by Si Cads »

Hi All
Have taken the f out of winter hibernation. Fired her up and the dreaded rattle is coming from the exhaust. Sounds like a tin can full of nails. It does stop after it warms up. I see from threads it is probably a new rear box. Does anyone know the OEM part number ?
I can't justify £3k for AP Velocity and have found a couple for sale but one has the single pipe coming out the back not the twin pipes that I have so not sure if that will fit. The car is nearly 6 years old, with 28K so probably about time to replace.

Any other suggestions greatly received.

Si
F Type V6 S Convertible
MY2016 Blackberry
Range Rover Sport
Honda CBR900 SC33

dbv6s

Post by dbv6s »

Hi Si, single pipe out of the back is for the 2L

if you are looking to replace back box then you'll need to find one with active exhaust valves (2 yoghurt pot sized cylinders opposite side of the box to the tail pipes)

First point of call should be to try and clean up the vales and apply copper grease - spray onto the metal pins and work these in/out of the cyclinders with your fingers. Easy to do, just poke your head under the car
If that doesnt work, next try removing the back box, valves are just about visible when looking into, get a wire brush in there, try and clean off any carbon build up, apply copper grease inside directly to valves as well - relatively easy fix, will save you £££
RPSN

Post by RPSN »

@Si Cads

If you don’t get any joy with cleaning up and lubricating the exhaust valves, the following link (Exhaust Rattle Solution) explains how the rear box was repaired instead of being renewed.......viewtopic.php?f=21&t=4635#p45804

If you’d prefer to renew the rear exhaust box with OEM, the next link shows the part numbers (VIN specific). It’s number 1 on the diagram.

https://parts.jaguarlandroverclassic.co ... nd/jaguar/
2016MY V6S Coupe RWD Auto 380PS Supercharged
Rhodium Silver
Panoramic Glass Roof
Sports Seats (heated) in Jet Leather
Seat Memory Pack 2 (14x14 way)
Powered Tailgate (open & close)
Reverse Park Camera with Guidance
Front Parking Aid
Si Cads

Post by Si Cads »

dbv6s wrote: Wed Mar 10, 2021 2:20 pm Hi Si, single pipe out of the back is for the 2L

if you are looking to replace back box then you'll need to find one with active exhaust valves (2 yoghurt pot sized cylinders opposite side of the box to the tail pipes)

First point of call should be to try and clean up the vales and apply copper grease - spray onto the metal pins and work these in/out of the cyclinders with your fingers. Easy to do, just poke your head under the car
If that doesnt work, next try removing the back box, valves are just about visible when looking into, get a wire brush in there, try and clean off any carbon build up, apply copper grease inside directly to valves as well - relatively easy fix, will save you £££
Hi dbv6s
Ok Single pipe is 2L, I didn't know.
The clean up option and copper grease sounds like a job for the weekend if the rain ever stops!
Thanks for the advice

Si
F Type V6 S Convertible
MY2016 Blackberry
Range Rover Sport
Honda CBR900 SC33
Si Cads

Post by Si Cads »

RPSN wrote: Wed Mar 10, 2021 2:56 pm @Si Cads

If you don’t get any joy with cleaning up and lubricating the exhaust valves, the following link (Exhaust Rattle Solution) explains how the rear box was repaired instead of being renewed.......viewtopic.php?f=21&t=4635#p45804

If you’d prefer to renew the rear exhaust box with OEM, the next link shows the part numbers (VIN specific). It’s number 1 on the diagram.

https://parts.jaguarlandroverclassic.co ... nd/jaguar/
Hi RPSN
Yes will try the cleaning and lubricating, then look at the other options. Many thanks for the information, its helped a lot.

Cheers

Si
F Type V6 S Convertible
MY2016 Blackberry
Range Rover Sport
Honda CBR900 SC33

• You may also be interested in...
    Replies
    Views
    Last post