H239 installed without permission

Technical Advice, Faults and How-To Information.
Derivative

Post by Derivative »

They sneaked it onto my car when I wasn't looking.

Just had the sub-frame braces done under warranty and, shortly after, I noticed it wasn't holding onto Dynamic Mode upon re-start. It would appear H239 was installed.
I've asked the retailer for full information on what this update does and at the moment will need it reversed. The functionality on my car has changed without my permisssion.

In the meanwhile, does anybody have full information on what H239 does to the car? (What else does it do in addition to change Dynamic Mode back to Standard on startup?)

Thanks
MY2018 R-Dynamic 340 coupe

simpleR

Post by simpleR »

Nothing as far as I was told. Quite a few posts on here about. Certainly mine was the same before and after.
400 Sport AWD - MY18 - Black
gasgas

Post by gasgas »

not surprised as dealers log into main frame and it auto updates.
Fez

Post by Fez »

It only updates if the technician presses ok, when it asks him if you want the system to update. If he press no it will not updated. There is no auto update button.
Black AWD 400, sport
MY 18.5
Pan Roof
Heated front screen
Front parking sensors
Full spare
gasgas

Post by gasgas »

surly an update cover all updates, no option to not update the exhaust.
Fez

Post by Fez »

Each update in given a number and a name/detail, some cover items like your info system. Others engine management, H256 noise latch programme is one example. If you ask your dealer what updates the system says your car is due then you can decline to have it done. Believe me I have just turned down one update at my last service.
Black AWD 400, sport
MY 18.5
Pan Roof
Heated front screen
Front parking sensors
Full spare
Ftypeharv

Post by Ftypeharv »

I’ve just hidden my ODB port from them
Fez

Post by Fez »

H239 is a interesting one as some report no change other than how the car defaults back to non dynamic every time the ignition is switch off. However some report actuators not opening until revs reach 1200 to 1500 rpm in non dynamic mode with exhaust open on switch. I think SimpleR is correct in advising checking you dynamic set is set at factory default.
Black AWD 400, sport
MY 18.5
Pan Roof
Heated front screen
Front parking sensors
Full spare
badger

Post by badger »

my car is going in for a service on monday and the dealer told me today that it also requires a software update, i thought the exhaust note issue was only on the v8? i asked what the update related to but they didn't know said they would find out for when i take car in.
2015 polaris white s.
panoramic roof, black design pack, climate pack, parking pack ,heated performance seats, red belts, flat bottom steering wheel, 20'' tornado wheels, powered tailgate, black badges. (now sold)
Derivative

Post by Derivative »

I too have refused certain updates in the past.

Why it was ever plugged into anything on this occassion annoys me. It was in for simple mechanical component replacement. They had no business going anywhere near the software.

We'll see what they come back with in answer to my question.
MY2018 R-Dynamic 340 coupe

• You may also be interested in...
    Replies
    Views
    Last post