Doors only unlocking with fob....

Anything F-Type related......
RPSN

Post by RPSN »

scm wrote: Sun Apr 18, 2021 9:38 pm Mine hasn't clunked no matter how quickly I engage D.

Perhaps your V8 R AWD is different to the V6 S RWD in that respect?
2016MY V6S Coupe RWD Auto 380PS Supercharged
Rhodium Silver
Panoramic Glass Roof
Sports Seats (heated) in Jet Leather
Seat Memory Pack 2 (14x14 way)
Powered Tailgate (open & close)
Reverse Park Camera with Guidance
Front Parking Aid

NavigatorNI

Post by NavigatorNI »

RPSN wrote: Sun Apr 18, 2021 9:48 pm
scm wrote: Sun Apr 18, 2021 9:38 pm Mine hasn't clunked no matter how quickly I engage D.

Perhaps your V8 R AWD is different to the V6 S RWD in that respect?
For me, having the diff oil changed recently has removed any clunking on engaging D or R. Although I always wait until revs drop before engaging anyway.
V6S Coupé, RWD, MY16
Salsa Red
20" Turbine silver alloys
Lots of extras
Lots of noise
Lots of smiles :D :D :D
RPSN

Post by RPSN »

NavigatorNI wrote: Mon Apr 19, 2021 12:45 am For me, having the diff oil changed recently has removed any clunking on engaging D or R. Although I always wait until revs drop before engaging anyway.

Does that also apply when the engine is cold and you first start the car up?

Yes it’s good practice to wait until the revs drop before engaging the transmission.

I had the rear diff oil changed by my Jag main dealer approx 15 months ago (just over 3000 miles) due to a pinion seal leak. I also had the 'Transmission Control Module' software updated because of the ‘clunk’ when engaging the transmission. This seemed to cure the issue for a while but I’ve noticed the ‘clunk’ or what some call ‘lurch’ is there again (more so when the engine is cold).

Because of this, I've recently taken my car back to the Jag main dealer for them to check it over which the Master Technician did and reassured me all is ok. He also came out for a drive with me so that I could show him the issue. As well as this, he used a MY21 V8 P450 which was on the forecourt to demonstrate the 'clunk' or 'lurch' that I am experiencing and it was also noticeable.

Even so, I'll probably renew the rear diff oil myself within the next few months to see if there's any improvement?

As we're going off-topic, I've previously written on the subject of....‘CLUNK’ noise when engaging the F-Type auto transmission in reverse or drive.' It includes the Jaguar Technical Bulletin for the issue.

This is the link....

viewtopic.php?f=21&t=4007
2016MY V6S Coupe RWD Auto 380PS Supercharged
Rhodium Silver
Panoramic Glass Roof
Sports Seats (heated) in Jet Leather
Seat Memory Pack 2 (14x14 way)
Powered Tailgate (open & close)
Reverse Park Camera with Guidance
Front Parking Aid

• You may also be interested in...
    Replies