Dealer appreciation

Anything F-Type related......
JurassicF

Post by JurassicF »

Matford JLR Exeter.
Great service again from them.
6 year service, brake fluid changed £471 all in. 1 litre of top up oil, screen wash and key battery left in car.
Brand new E-Pace P300 R Dynamic hybrid courtesy car.

Beth Cupper always very pleasant and helpful and actually asked me if I wanted the software update or not. Obvious answer😏
F-Type V6S convertible MY16
Glacier Pearlescent White
Red soft top
Red electric and heated sports seats
Black dash and door cards
Red belts
Flat bottom heated wheel

NavigatorNI

Post by NavigatorNI »

It's useful to hear of good service as well. Too often it goes unacknowledged and we all tend to only highlight the problems. 👍
V6S Coupé, RWD, MY16
Salsa Red
20" Turbine silver alloys
Lots of extras
Lots of noise
Lots of smiles :D :D :D
simpleR

Post by simpleR »

I would like to give a thumbs up to my regular dealer - Jaguar Derby.

4th Service + MOT + Rear Diff Oil change
@ £567.19 Inc VAT

Got some pictures of the black flithy rear diff oil, via WhatsApp, definitely getting that done more often, a detailed 7min video and a few MOT issues we are sorting before it goes for MOT.

I also got an E-Pace but only a 70 plate 180d AWD. Although very nice with all the options.
400 Sport AWD - MY18 - Black
scm

Post by scm »

How many miles to get the diff oil filthy?
MY18 F-Type V8 R AWD in Glacier White
Lots of leather and toys, and loads of noise!
cj10jeeper

Post by cj10jeeper »

simpleR wrote: Fri Jul 09, 2021 11:29 pm I would like to give a thumbs up to my regular dealer - Jaguar Derby.

@ £567.19 Inc VAT

Got some pictures of the black flithy rear diff oil, via WhatsApp, definitely getting that done more often, a detailed 7min video and a few MOT issues we are sorting before it goes for MOT.

I also got an E-Pace but only a 70 plate 180d AWD. Although very nice with all the options.
Good to know as I’ve recently moved home and they are now my local dealer
2014 MY 3.0 V6S Roadster
Subtle enhancements to create the car I wanted from SVR nose cone, 400 series side skirts & customised 'design' rear bumper, to heated SVR steering wheel and more
Fez

Post by Fez »

Hi Simple R, i just wondering if you considered having the front diff done at the same time. I have decided to match my diff changes up to every 4 yrs. I only have 8.5k on clock so thinking is every 4 yrs will keep the diff happy. Fez
Black AWD 400, sport
MY 18.5
Pan Roof
Heated front screen
Front parking sensors
Full spare
KHatman

Post by KHatman »

cj10jeeper wrote: Sat Jul 10, 2021 9:03 am
simpleR wrote: Fri Jul 09, 2021 11:29 pm I would like to give a thumbs up to my regular dealer - Jaguar Derby.

@ £567.19 Inc VAT

Good to know as I’ve recently moved home and they are now my local dealer

If you are looking for an independent, Jagtech in Nottingham (Colwick) are really good and very reasonable. Wouldn’t bother with Stratstone Nottingham. Still waiting for a service cost asked back in April and called in last Saturday and left details to arrange for a test drive of a P300 and I-Pace back to back. Still waiting to here back from them. Will give Inchape at Derby a go next.

2019 F-Pace 2.0D Manual, Corris Grey and very little else
2016 F-Type V6 Base, Corris Grey and very little else
simpleR

Post by simpleR »

Jaguar Derby have been really great, however as I always say, you need to get past the front desk and into the people who do the work!

Then your on safe ground. Luckily the service manager at Derby is 100% awesome and deals with my car himself so I get WhatsApp updates and calls all the way through.

It needs a few things to get through MOT so waiting on parts BEFORE it goes to MOT because I told them I don't want any fails/advisories on the cars record. (Nothing major, damaged tyre on inside shoulder I missed, rear brake sensors cable chafed and low rear pads so might as well get them done now).

The rear diff oil @ 4yrs and 30,500 miles looked like this. Yikes! No metal, no noises from diff, just thick black oil. Definitely needed doing.

Screenshot_20210710_102202_com.whatsapp.jpg

The dealer commented that yes it needs doing more frequently than the 4yr/64000 interval suggested. I did think about front diff which is supposed to last 9yrs/144,000 miles.
My plan is to do the rear diff every 20,000 miles from now on, so in about 2yrs time when car will be 6yrs old and I'll get the front diff done at the same time so well before the interval suggested. The dealer commented that they are getting quite a few F-Type on 13/14/15 plates with knackered rear diffs so oil changes seem key in keeping them running sweet.
Think I caught mine just in time.
400 Sport AWD - MY18 - Black
NavigatorNI

Post by NavigatorNI »

scm wrote: Sat Jul 10, 2021 8:47 am How many miles to get the diff oil filthy?
Mine was changed for the first time at the last service (at my insistence, as the JLR dealer didn't bother) at 29k miles. It was certainly black but with no debris and I'm glad I changed it. From now on I intend to have it changed every 20k miles or 2 years.
V6S Coupé, RWD, MY16
Salsa Red
20" Turbine silver alloys
Lots of extras
Lots of noise
Lots of smiles :D :D :D
Tel

Post by Tel »

+1 for Matford Jaguar

Rear diff fluid changed at 13K - will be done again 5K intervals (RWD).
With the known history of these weak points, I'd rather do it too often than risk the diff.
2016MY V8R IRR
ITG Maxogen Cold air intake kit
Billet OBD lock
Forged lightweight Blades
Full custom Xpel Ultimate PPF wrap
Piano Black badges
17mm MST Hubcentrics
Smarttop remote
Black exhaust tips
Porterfield RS-4 Carbon Kevlar pads
Mich PS4S's
+ more 💩