Bye bye.

Anything F-Type related......
Dan_Veluwe

Post by Dan_Veluwe »

It wasn't a question of " if " , but rather of "when".

When I bought the F-Type in 2018, it was a boyhood dream come through.

Weeks after I still used to walk over to the car and say to myself ".. yes, its yours, it really is.." ..

I still love it, I do. Its the most stunning car I ever owned. Based on the expressions of amazement,

thumbs-up and whole school classes waving when I drove by, its an amazing car not only to me !

But, its something I shared with my son. And we had some great trips with it. I could only convince

my wife to come once. She doesn't like it, to sporty, to curvy, to much pulling attention.. ;)

But my son is really occupied with uni and I'm not going on roadtrips alone. The next few years

would mean - at most - once a month a tour of the region, one week a year further a field.

That would be a waste of the car. Its as playfull as any cat : it wants to run free and wagg

her tail and leap forward to overtake a " prey " .. 8-)

Given one of my other cars ( LR Discovery 5) is a diesel, proved to be a great car to travel,

but diesel is getting expensive.. :?

So I figured out if I got some solar panels, and a car that combined speed and comfort,

with some extra weight like I did over the past decades, I'll be allright with a hybrid.

Now my favorite car is a Discovery, but it seems a hybrid will not be on offer,

exept for the Freelander successor, now sold at Discovery prices, the Disco Sport P300e.

Combining the values of both cars leaving, gave me the chance to enter the next level.

So my new car to be, is a Range Rover P400e Autobiography, from 2019.

I thank you all for your friendly remarks, replies and comments, and wish you all

the best of fun and longlivety with your F-Type. Have fun boys & girls !

bye.jpg

Range Rover P400e autobiography Loire Blue (2019) :P
Mazda__MX30_RED___2021_ BEV
FT jag _P300 _Ultra Bleu, 2018 ___________SOLD :(
D5 lr__SD4__Corris Grey, Blck roof, 2018_SOLD :roll:
FP Jag โ€“ 25t _Loire Blue ,2020 ____________SOLD :|

scm

Post by scm »

You didn't consider an I-Pace?
MY18 F-Type V8 R AWD in Glacier White
Lots of leather and toys, and loads of noise!
Dan_Veluwe

Post by Dan_Veluwe »

Sure. But imagine, a small country like the Netherlands, with almost 5000 I-Pace in lease contracts ending in 2023..

At the moment there are some used and almost new I=Pace, hanging around at prices from 60-70k euro, for a 2018 car with slow charging only.

When these ex-lease cars flood the market, they will come in around 45-55k. No private person will buy these at that price, since a new VW with a 500km range costs around 30k euro.

So they'll sit on the forecourts and will go down to 25-28k before they sell, if they sell. Meaning if I pay 65k now, I stand to loose 40k in two or three years... :shock: .

Range Rover has been sold at a number of around 450 in total the last 3 years. Only 30 of those are for sale now. Prices are strong since CO2 taxes go up every year, driving new car prices up.

Given fuel prices will go up and hybrid offers some level of protection with solarpanels on the roof, its a much safer bet. And of course, the powergrid is already creaking at it seams.

Amsterdam asks the government to help them out as they can not get there grid on par with growing demand, and just a few locals switched from natural gas to heatpumps.

Imagine what happens if they all do as the city council wants;

https://www.amsterdam.nl/bestuur-en-org ... nvesteren/

Even more : it the whole country gets off the natural gas. You can use your EV as a garden ornament.. :lol:
JurassicF

Post by JurassicF »

Hi Dan,
Sorry to see you go. I have really enjoyed watching all your great videos๐Ÿ‘
F-Type V6S convertible MY16
Glacier Pearlescent White
Red soft top
Red electric and heated sports seats
Black dash and door cards
Red belts
Flat bottom heated wheel
Deleted User 1715

Post by Deleted User 1715 »

Sorry to see you go Dan, thanks for sharing all your road trip videos!
mickjaguar

Post by mickjaguar »

Thanks for entertaining us over the past 3 years. We've learned many things e.g. the Netherlands has a Highland region.

Enjoy your Range Rover, they are very classy. It was one of the cars on my shortlist 6 years ago, but my heart ruled my head and I chose the F type instead.
2019 SVR Coupe, Velocity Blue
Previous 2015 V6 340 Coupe IRR
Dan_Veluwe

Post by Dan_Veluwe »

Hi guys,

Thanks, I'd loved to keep the F-Type.

My "plan B" has been to keep it in Portugal, before we sold our house in the Algarve, we had a huge garage there.
I considered just buying a garage to be able to fly there, get my own car and drive around. But with covid the future is really unpredictable, and just
buying a garage with the idea we might get an appartment there later, or a small house, its all to shaky.

I don't think I'll ever by a sportscar again. Its a phase in life and you try to move on and keep the memories.

Just like my 1 HP friend that moved from our pasture to greener pastures beyond.

Very often a unique friendships that rarely occurs in someones life, so probably not twice.

My "gelderlander" horse, Pablo. Put to sleep in 2019 due to uncurable sufferings.

20140226_121404.jpg

DaddyDarren

Post by DaddyDarren »

Sorry youโ€™re going Dan. A positive contributor & nice person. Enjoy your new ride ๐Ÿ‘
White 2014 V6 Coupe
OEM P7 Grill
VAP Lowering Springs
VAP 200 Cell Cats & Downpipes
VAP Pulley & Stage II 453 BHP Remap
Vorsteiner 21โ€ V-FF 103 Alloys
PB Brakes 8/6 Pot Drilled Big Brake Kit
Dan_Veluwe

Post by Dan_Veluwe »

Thanks Darren !

Enjoy your ride too !
Hammers

Post by Hammers »

Loved your videos, sorry to see you go.
Current: Fuji White MY19.5 P300 R-Dynamic F-Type Convertible 20" Black wheels, Exterior Black Pack, Windsor Leather performance Seats etc.
Previous: Italian Racing Red MY17 Jaguar XE 25t R-Sport, Black Pack, 19" black venom wheels, sunroof etc.