Tracking failing

Technical Advice, Faults and How-To Information.
Edinburgh75

Post by Edinburgh75 »

Good morning forum!

I have had a fairly consistent issue with my tracking on my 2020 R and it has become a rabbit hole of a problem. For the last 2 months I have had sporadic calls from In control saying the car has been stolen when it has not been. It took 2 weeks to book it into the main dealer in Glasgow who took 2 days to replace the antennas and give it back. I am 10 mins from the garage and had a call from in control as i parked saying it was flagging again as stolen. I called the dealer back who said they would rebook the car in for 2 weeks time which was a little shocking.

I called my supplying dealer in Edinburgh to see if they could help but they were not interested.

With no chance of a courtesy car, i called my insurance broker to add my old land rover back live. When he heard the issues with my Jag he called LV to see what repercussions there were to be told the car is absolutely not insured if a manufacturer fitted tracker is faulty. I called the Glasgow dealer back who then said its now 3 weeks to book the car in. When i said the car is not insured and I can't use it they didn't change their mind. I called the supplying dealer back who suggested him calling Jaguar Assist who would take my car away and bring a courtesy car, bearing mind this was a Friday. Roll on next day midday when Jag Assist arrive to say they were told it is a non starter and they don't have a courtesy car or instruction to take the car to the dealer. Service dept was shut when i called to query and nobody else could help.

Car was eventually taken by third party breakdown service to Glasgow dealer who kept it for 3 days before looking at it. After a week of wiggling wires and replacing nothing they stopped it signalling In Control as stolen and gave it back yesterday.

I have absolutely zero trust that it is fixed. I called the supplying dealer yesterday morning who promised a call back in an hour. No call back and the person dealing with it is off today. Jag customer service just say I have to speak to the supplying dealer and it isn't their problem.

Has anyone had a similar issue and any insight?
2020 F Type Coupe 575 in Silicon Silver

Greenmanftype

Post by Greenmanftype »

An unsatisfactory state of affairs...but increasingly common with today’s complex electronics

How would LV know the tracker is faulty?
The thieves could have simply disabled it...
Deleted User 3572

Post by Deleted User 3572 »

Hi , like yourself I live in the central belt of Scotland and for many years dealt with taggarts both in Glasgow and Motherwell , they used to be excellent but since moving to the new fancy place in braehead a lot of the old hands have left replaced by not so good staff , pentland in Edinburgh were the same used to have a good reputation, my current jag was bought from pentland Perth service dept were excellent and I spoke to the young auto electrician he knows his stuff , fixed the roof problem the car had , you could try pentland Stirling ask for car to be picked up and a courtesy car but it is waiting for a spot , it takes weeks . Phone Edinburgh back up and ask to speak to the service manager that's what I would do . Joe
basher

Post by basher »

Following with interest...

I've also been getting random theft alerts from my tracker app since xmas... normally when I'm in the car driving, or it's parked safely on the drive 10 feet away from me! 🤔

I had my antenna replaced under warranty 2 years ago for an unrelated sat nav fault.

I've called the InControl call centre many times to cancel the alert... they must be getting p***ed off with me.

I'm reluctant to get antenna looked at again, because I'll have to book car in for some checks first... they won't find anything wrong... or they won't have replacement antenna in stock!!!

Could it be a software fault with the app?

Version 2.8.1 on Android.

It got "upgraded" a while ago. 🙄
Rhodium silver F-Type 400 Sport AWD coupe.

PB Brakes big brake kit: drilled & slotted rotors, big yellow calipers. 😁
scm

Post by scm »

Surely it's the car that's reporting the "theft" to InControl - nothing to do with the app. Or is the app reporting a theft, and you're not getting a call from InControl?
MY18 F-Type V8 R AWD in Glacier White
Lots of leather and toys, and loads of noise!
Lunar

Post by Lunar »

scm wrote: Thu Feb 17, 2022 4:45 pm Surely it's the car that's reporting the "theft" to InControl - nothing to do with the app. Or is the app reporting a theft, and you're not getting a call from InControl?
Maybe he's driving it like he stole it???
MY14 "S" badged V6 Convertible in Lunar Grey metallic
Performance seats, Meridian, heated flat bottom wheel with aluminium paddles, heated front screen, cruise, dual zone climate, switchable active exhaust
Edinburgh75

Post by Edinburgh75 »

Replacing antenna did nothing to my issue. Module is in roof where the switches are. Apparently pulling it out and back in was the best idea.

It triggered again this morning
2020 F Type Coupe 575 in Silicon Silver
basher

Post by basher »

Edinburgh75 wrote: Fri Feb 18, 2022 9:48 am Replacing antenna did nothing to my issue. Module is in roof where the switches are. Apparently pulling it out and back in was the best idea.

It triggered again this morning
Hmmm... so what's the next step?
Rhodium silver F-Type 400 Sport AWD coupe.

PB Brakes big brake kit: drilled & slotted rotors, big yellow calipers. 😁
Jaguandy

Post by Jaguandy »

I've also got an aftermarket tracker which stopped showing location. They came and changed the module, so the modules can go wrong.
F-Type R Coupe Firenze (Italian Racing Red) AWD MY16
simpleR

Post by simpleR »

Just throwing this out there.... I thought the antenna in the roof (shark fin) was just for sat nav, positioning and DAB etc.

I thought the antenna for the tracker was elsewhere. Might be wrong.
400 Sport AWD - MY18 - Black