Centre air vents.

Anything F-Type related......
Paul J

Post by Paul J »

Considering putting a deposit on my new F type today! Have a question about the center console air vent, as the dealer says it requires repair prior to sale and it is half stuck in the open position. I want to check the correct operation prior to taking the car so some brief advice is needed.

Is the the air vent supposed to open up when the engine is started (and air con / fans are not on) or does it only flip up when the air conditioning / fans are turned on manually.

When the ignition is on, and the air con is turned off, do the vents close or do they stay open until the car is switched off?

Hope this doesn't sound too confusing!

Anything else I need to check regards correct operation.

Many thanks all.
2017 Convertible British Design Edition V6S AWD. UltraBlue.

Link to car:- viewtopic.php?f=21&t=6130 :mrgreen:

Lunar

Post by Lunar »

Hi Paul,
You can configure the centre vent to be always open, or to rise and lower upon start up and when needed.
In the convertible with the roof down the vent will rise after about 5 mins, as the engine starts to warm up, and blow warm air.
In the coupe the operation differs - not sure if the vent is only used for cool air.
The stuck vent is quite a common problem and I, like others, have had it replaced under Jag extended warranty.
The new one should be fine, assuming a new part is used, but you can check via manual operation from the centre screen.
MY14 "S" badged V6 Convertible in Lunar Grey metallic
Performance seats, Meridian, heated flat bottom wheel with aluminium paddles, heated front screen, cruise, dual zone climate, switchable active exhaust
Darren P

Post by Darren P »

Hi Paul

In my coupe the vent opens when cooling is needed not for heating. I hope that helps.
2017 F Type 340 Caldera Red
2020 I Pace
gasgas

Post by gasgas »

only comes up and opens to cool the car, to the set temperature.
Paul J

Post by Paul J »

Thanks all
2017 Convertible British Design Edition V6S AWD. UltraBlue.

Link to car:- viewtopic.php?f=21&t=6130 :mrgreen:
ninetails

Post by ninetails »

If you have "AUTO" selected (for heating/ ventilation) the centre vent will only open, when required, to cool down the cabin and therefore only blows cold air. If you want hot air to blow out of the centre vent, touch the "CLIMATE" section of" HOME SCREEN" and then touch/select "UPPER VENTS". The centre vent will immediately rise and blow hot or cold air (depending what temperature you have set.
340 coupe auto 2016MY, ammonite/corris grey, red performance heated seats, pano roof, 20" turbine wheels, switchable active exhaust, front & rear parking sensors, rear camera.
Cats

Post by Cats »

Yep hot and cold air from mine when asked to blow from the menu screen as described above.
Rhodium Silver F Type SVR Coupe 2016 now gone sadly
Ultra Blue F Pace SVR 2022
Lunar

Post by Lunar »

All comments relative to the coupe of course 😉
MY14 "S" badged V6 Convertible in Lunar Grey metallic
Performance seats, Meridian, heated flat bottom wheel with aluminium paddles, heated front screen, cruise, dual zone climate, switchable active exhaust

• You may also be interested in...
    Replies
    Views
    Last post