Jaguar Assistance Breakdown Call / SOS Emergency Call button LED’s in overhead console

Anything F-Type related......
RPSN

Post by RPSN »

When I’m in the car and without pressing the Jaguar Assistance Breakdown Call or SOS Emergency Call buttons in the overhead console, only the SOS Emergency Call button is illuminated (red LED). I’ve attached a photo with the button covers released.

On the Jaguar website https://www.ownerinfo.jaguar.com/ in the ‘InControl Remote’ section it says......

JAGUAR ASSISTANCE BREAKDOWN CALL:

"In the event of a breakdown, press and release the button cover to reveal the button. The button will be illuminated by a white LED. Press the button for 2 seconds to make a direct call to Jaguar Assistance. Also, the vehicle's details and the location will automatically be supplied to them. When a call is initiated, the button will flash amber and will be constantly illuminated amber during the call.”

JAGUAR SOS EMERGENCY CALL:

"Press and release the button cover to reveal the button. The button will be illuminated by a red LED. Press the button for 2 seconds to make a direct call to the emergency services. Also, the vehicle's details and the location will automatically be supplied to them. When a call is initiated, the button will flash amber. The button will be constantly illuminated amber during a call.”

Can anyone confirm whether or not their car is the same i.e......when in the car and without pressing the overhead console buttons, is only the Jaguar SOS Emergency Call button illuminated (red LED)?

TIA

1.JPG

2016MY V6S Coupe RWD Auto 380PS Supercharged
Rhodium Silver
Panoramic Glass Roof
Sports Seats (heated) in Jet Leather
Seat Memory Pack 2 (14x14 way)
Powered Tailgate (open & close)
Reverse Park Camera with Guidance
Front Parking Aid

Lunar

Post by Lunar »

The white illumination isn’t dependant on the side/headlights being on is it?
MY14 "S" badged V6 Convertible in Lunar Grey metallic
Performance seats, Meridian, heated flat bottom wheel with aluminium paddles, heated front screen, cruise, dual zone climate, switchable active exhaust
jonm

Post by jonm »

The Assisance button on the left will only be active if you have an active incontrol remote subscription. It costs £36 for 1 year or £52 for 2 years.
My16 F-Type V6 340
scm

Post by scm »

jonm wrote: Sat Mar 26, 2022 11:09 am The Assistance button on the left will only be active if you have an active incontrol remote subscription. It costs £36 for 1 year or £52 for 2 years.
Surely you need to have paid the subscription for Jaguar Assistance, available as a cost option only when purchasing ectended warranty (£85 at my last renewal)? Nothing to do with remote.
MY18 F-Type V8 R AWD in Glacier White
Lots of leather and toys, and loads of noise!
jonm

Post by jonm »

I have a remote subscription only. Don't have a warranty or an assistance package and the button on the left is lit up blue/white. It did not light up until I bought the remote subscription.
My16 F-Type V6 340
RPSN

Post by RPSN »

Thanks for the replies.

@Lunar: The white LED illumination on the ‘Jaguar Assistance Breakdown Call’ button isn’t dependent on the side/headlights being on.

@jonm: I don’t have an InControl subscription (not required) so as you've explained, this is why the white LED doesn't illuminate.

After logging into my InControl account, I found the reason why the red LED still illuminates on the ‘Jaguar SOS Emergency Call’ button. This is what it says in the Q&A’s.....

“Will the SOS Emergency Call feature remain active?”

“If you do not renew your SOS Emergency Call service as part of your Remote or Protect subscription, a limited emergency call service will remain active (for 10 years from the start of the warranty period). However, the Jaguar Land Rover emergency service providers and / or Jaguar Land Rover may no longer have access to your personal contact details (name, address, mobile number), so will only be able to contact or locate you via your vehicle, at the point of the emergency call. This information will remain available to emergency service providers provided your vehicle is associated with your InControl account.”
Rhodium Silver
Panoramic Glass Roof
Front Parking Aid
Kdes

Post by Kdes »

Came across these 2 interesting articles relating to emergency SOS SYSTEMS in cars.

The first is a news article that references the second link. 2nd link is bit more informative.

https://www.walesonline.co.uk/news/wale ... s-23576092

https://nationalhighways.co.uk/road-safety/ecall/

Kev
Storm Grey V6 coupe 2016MY
RPSN

Post by RPSN »

Kdes wrote: Sat Apr 02, 2022 6:31 pm Came across these 2 interesting articles relating to emergency SOS SYSTEMS in cars.

The first is a news article that references the second link. 2nd link is bit more informative.

https://www.walesonline.co.uk/news/wale ... s-23576092

https://nationalhighways.co.uk/road-safety/ecall/

Kev

Thanks for the links.

They're very informative.
Rhodium Silver
Panoramic Glass Roof