One DRL is half as bright as the other.

Technical Advice, Faults and How-To Information.
Derivative

Post by Derivative »

cj10jeeper wrote: Thu Jan 12, 2023 11:29 am
scz4 wrote: Thu Jan 12, 2023 8:12 am Out of interest, how much is a single new headlight if you're not fortunate to have a warranty?
You'd be looking at £1,500 but varies depending on type of headlight and where you buy from
Most likely you'd end up going with a used unit subject to availability and half the price
I heard they were coded. If so, no good.
MY2018 R-Dynamic 340 coupe

cj10jeeper

Post by cj10jeeper »

Derivative wrote: Thu Jan 12, 2023 2:27 pm
cj10jeeper wrote: Thu Jan 12, 2023 11:29 am
scz4 wrote: Thu Jan 12, 2023 8:12 am Out of interest, how much is a single new headlight if you're not fortunate to have a warranty?
You'd be looking at £1,500 but varies depending on type of headlight and where you buy from
Most likely you'd end up going with a used unit subject to availability and half the price
I heard they were coded. If so, no good.
I’ve never heard of that and with so many on eBay I’m surprised. Had a new replacement on mine 2 years ago and there was no mention of it.
2014 MY 3.0 V6S Roadster
Subtle enhancements to create the car I wanted from SVR nose cone, 400 series side skirts & customised 'design' rear bumper, to heated SVR steering wheel and more
MajorTom

Post by MajorTom »

1500 for one new LED light does sound very cheap. My German supplying dealer quoted me a good 3700 € incl. labour. :lol: I've seen others mention quotes of around 3000 €.
MY18 V6S R-Dynamic coupé RWD with about every toy and option you could get
BRG, design black pack, 20" carbon blades, pano, full Sienna tan interior with performance seats...
cj10jeeper

Post by cj10jeeper »

MajorTom wrote: Thu Jan 12, 2023 10:02 pm 1500 for one new LED light does sound very cheap. My German supplying dealer quoted me a good 3700 € incl. labour. :lol: I've seen others mention quotes of around 3000 €.
I’d just checked some brand new light prices on eBay as a guide. Used were less, which is where self funding would be a sensible source.
I’d expect full ticket price from a dealer plus fitting to be more.
2014 MY 3.0 V6S Roadster
Subtle enhancements to create the car I wanted from SVR nose cone, 400 series side skirts & customised 'design' rear bumper, to heated SVR steering wheel and more
JamesOC

Post by JamesOC »

I have this problem as well.

Car was out of warranty in July and I didn’t see the issue till November, so was worried about getting it fixed without a fight.

Local Jag dealer looked at it and raised a case with JLR and I’ve just had confirmation that they have agreed to replace this at their cost. Part is on back order, so not sure when it will arrive but I’m just pleased this has been accepted and I wanted to thank members on this forum for sharing experience as it helped a great deal when I spoke to the dealer.
MY20 R AWD Coupe, Portofino Blue
Previous: 2011 XK
Derivative

Post by Derivative »

JamesOC wrote: Fri Jan 13, 2023 11:07 am I have this problem as well.

Car was out of warranty in July and I didn’t see the issue till November, so was worried about getting it fixed without a fight.

Local Jag dealer looked at it and raised a case with JLR and I’ve just had confirmation that they have agreed to replace this at their cost. Part is on back order, so not sure when it will arrive but I’m just pleased this has been accepted and I wanted to thank members on this forum for sharing experience as it helped a great deal when I spoke to the dealer.
Can I ask which dealer?

All the previous instances I've seen have been on MY18 cars. From your signature yours appears to be an MY20. Is this some fault that will affect all, but takes a bit of time?
MY2018 R-Dynamic 340 coupe
JamesOC

Post by JamesOC »

Marshalls Oxford.

Yes MY20, not sure re all cars; I might have been unlucky but it’s unlikely to be a coincidence as it is the same side and issue as the others. I’ve done a relatively high mileage since I’ve had the car so it’s possible it’s hit mine earlier….
MajorTom

Post by MajorTom »

JamesOC wrote: Fri Jan 13, 2023 11:07 am I have this problem as well.

Good to hear! That's the first case I hear about where JLR covers it for a car out of warranty. My supplying dealer just keeps saying that a JLR goodwill funded repair is out of the question given the age of the car.
MY18 V6S R-Dynamic coupé RWD with about every toy and option you could get
BRG, design black pack, 20" carbon blades, pano, full Sienna tan interior with performance seats...
User12345

Post by User12345 »

MajorTom wrote: Mon Dec 12, 2022 7:09 pm So another case of a facelift LED light on the left side. Let me guess, your car is MY18 right?

Common issue. Only solution known so far is to replace the whole light. Check out the rest of this thread and other on this topic.
MY2020. Dealer said they will replace full unit. Waiting for appointment confirmation. Was meant to be in on Wednesday just gone, but had exhaust regeneration issue so it went to closest dealer which was Virtu. Hopefully be sorted next week. The staff where I got the car from have been brilliant but at the same time I feel very let down with the poor excuses as to why it couldn’t have been fitted sooner.
I just don’t understand how technicians can’t spot the DRL issue but it’s the first thing I noticed when I got home from collection. I wouldn’t say I have got piece of mind with the car if they fail to spot something so simple.
Also, I looked at the personalised video that Jaguar sent over to me up on enquiry of the car, the DRL was out then. Absolutely unbelievable that fak me.
Last edited by User12345 on Sat Jan 14, 2023 10:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.
JamesOC

Post by JamesOC »

Just an update, new lamp has arrived and is booked to be fitted in a couple of weeks.

I’ll ask the dealer then for any info they can share on the out of warranty process for this issue.

• You may also be interested in...
    Replies
    Views
    Last post