One DRL is half as bright as the other.

Technical Advice, Faults and How-To Information.
MajorTom

Post by MajorTom »

2500€ sounds like a bargain compared to some dealer prices. :)

If you're worried about the visibility of the headlight indicator you could consider upgrading the mirror indicators to stronger sequential ones which are much more visible than the OEM mirror indicators.
MY18 V6S R-Dynamic coupé RWD with about every toy and option you could get
BRG, design black pack, 20" carbon blades, pano, full Sienna tan interior with performance seats...

NZ-400

Post by NZ-400 »

A bargain indeed. I’ve been quoted the NZ$ equivalent of €6365 + labour to have my one replaced. Perhaps they are flying it out to me in business class?
400 Sport, white, panoramic roof, perfect
Deleted User 4828

Post by Deleted User 4828 »

Was this ever resolved?

Remember it's an LED array, any LED that dims electronically it's basically a drop in voltage/current which may tend to be a connection issue. Not knowing the drivers, it could be a poor performing driver (not the human driver btw!) Perhaps for future reference it could be verified by swapping the lights over out of the car to see if the fault stays or moves. i am guessing that the LED driver is contained within the module itself.
MajorTom

Post by MajorTom »

Can't remember ever seeing anyone managing to repair this. The solution is to replace the whole light unit with a new or used one so the faulty part does seem to be somewhere within the light unit.
MY18 V6S R-Dynamic coupé RWD with about every toy and option you could get
BRG, design black pack, 20" carbon blades, pano, full Sienna tan interior with performance seats...
Deleted User 4828

I'd love to get my hands on it and run some tests on it. Thanks anyway.
WShudds

Post by WShudds »

Just putting this out there, has anyone looked into disabling the DRLs through the OBD? On Audis you can use it to disable and adjust brightness.
MY18 Manual :o P340 R-Dynamic RWD Coupe, Caldera Red on 19˝ Centrifuge wheels. Pzero. Mods: Reverse camera, interior/puddle lights and tinted windows.
Deleted User 4828

I have a basic ODB reader, so I'm not 100% if they can be turned on/off though. But thinking about this issue again and scanning the posts, it came to me that this problem only appears on the nearside lamp?

I would have thought in terms of electronic control that both sides would have exactly the same driver ( what's the point of two designs?) for the DRL. You could say it's down to the batch of drivers, but if that were the case then I would expect to see offside issues as well. So to try and narrow this down, it is more likely an issue with the manufacture of the nearside unit itself. Again, love to get hold of a unit with the issue to root cause the issue, if anyone has one still.
scm

Post by scm »

Clymout wrote: Sat Jan 27, 2024 8:34 am I have a basic ODB reader, so I'm not 100% if they can be turned on/off though. But thinking about this issue again and scanning the posts, it came to me that this problem only appears on the nearside lamp?
Which nearside? Folks on here drive from both sides of the car (not at the same time, obviously!).
MY18 F-Type V8 R AWD in Glacier White
Lots of leather and toys, and loads of noise!
Lunar

Post by Lunar »

Depends who your passenger is 🙄
MY14 "S" badged V6 Convertible in Lunar Grey metallic
Performance seats, Meridian, heated flat bottom wheel with aluminium paddles, heated front screen, cruise, dual zone climate, switchable active exhaust
Deleted User 4828

ok I guess it's easier to say passenger or driver side, but differs from country to country. LHS would be passenger, RHS would be driver as in direction of travel. As Sir Winston Churchill once quoted " Never have two nations been so divided by a common language" i.e. UK & USA.

• You may also be interested in...
    Replies
    Views
    Last post