Reverse signal wire?

Technical Advice, Faults and How-To Information.
ZeusHavok

Post by ZeusHavok »

So I've just bought and installed a IDCore Wireless CarPlay kit and it works other than when I put the car into reverse it will switch between the cam and the CarPlay. It does this both wired and wirelessly. What I don't understand is that it's sold as a plug and play kit for the car so surely this would happen with all cars right? :(

Video of what it does

https://www.youtube.com/shorts/ymg8Fj20K4M

From what I can gather I need to splice into a reverse signal wire. I asked Unique Auto Developments who I bought it from and they said to splice into the reverse light at the back of the car which I'm obviously not going to do.

Is there a reverse signal wire near the centre between the seats where the Radio unit sits? If so does anyone know which wire specifically it is?

Sorry for the word soup, I'm a terrible writer.

Thanks
Last edited by ZeusHavok on Mon Aug 22, 2022 7:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.
MY2017 F-Type S AWD Coupe - Firesand Orange / Optioned out to heck and back.

Alasdair63

Post by Alasdair63 »

I had the same problem and had to run a wire through to the boot floor. The reverse light has 3 black wires and you need to
connect into the middle wire from the connector block.
Corrie grey svr Coupé
Carbon graphite vorsteiner wheels
Kw lowering springs
PB big brakes
scm

Post by scm »

ZeusHavok wrote: Mon Aug 22, 2022 6:33 pmFrom what I can gather I need to splice into a reverse signal wire. I asked Unique Auto Developments who I bought it from and they said to splice into the reverse light at the back of the car which I'm obviously not going to do.

Sorry for the word soup, I'm a terrible writer.
Nothing wrong with your writing that I can see, the only "improvement" I'd suggest is "whom I bought it from", but that's a minor nit. :lol:
MY18 F-Type V8 R AWD in Glacier White
Lots of leather and toys, and loads of noise!
ZeusHavok

Post by ZeusHavok »

Alasdair63 wrote: Mon Aug 22, 2022 7:26 pm I had the same problem and had to run a wire through to the boot floor. The reverse light has 3 black wires and you need to
connect into the middle wire from the connector block.
How involved was it getting the wire from the boot area into the cabin? I assume the left panel in the boot needs to be removed along with the floor? What else from there?
I'm really not keen on doing it but honestly looks like I haven't got a choice :\

scm wrote: Mon Aug 22, 2022 8:28 pm
Nothing wrong with your writing that I can see, the only "improvement" I'd suggest is "whom I bought it from", but that's a minor nit. :lol:
:lol:
MY2017 F-Type S AWD Coupe - Firesand Orange / Optioned out to heck and back.
Stevjh

Post by Stevjh »

I'm also interested in the easiest way to get to the reverse light wire and its exact whereabouts, I'm about to order the UAD kit and was wondering about this too.
MY16 V6S AWD Coupé, Ammonite Grey, Pano Roof, Jet premium leather, cold climate pack, 19" Propellers, Pilot Sport 4/4S, Garmin 57

• You may also be interested in...
    Replies
    Views
    Last post