Looking for an SVR or R

New to the F-Type Forum? Please introduce yourself here
jagseven

Post by jagseven »

Hello
Newbie on here.
Long history of owning Jaguars and have a 2019 F-Pace SVR owned from new. I’m now thinking it would be nice to add an F-Type SVR (or P575 R) to go alongside the F-Pace - greedy I know.
So far I have tried a 68 plate SVR that made a proper noise with pops and bangs and today I tried a 22 plate P575 that was very refined but too quiet for my tastes even in dynamic mode.
In contrast I found the SVR noise almost too much but it did make me giggle and made the car feel special/exotic.
I prefer the interior/equipment of the newer car but the lack of noise is putting me off (as well as the £20k higher price).
Is an SVR the only way to get the full noise (I understand it has a titanium exhaust)?
Did the SVR get quieter at some point during its production life i.e. is a 68 plate car going to sound different to a 69 plate car?
I understand the facelift P575 has the same chassis/suspension as the SVR so will handle the same - it’s hard to tell on a short test drive…
Finally (sorry for all the questions) but do people think the SVR will hold its value better than a P575 - I am concerned the P575 could cost a lot in depreciation and be seen as “just” another “R” so maybe buying an older car for 60k ish is the sensible thing to do - thoughts?
2019MY F-Type SVR - for fun
2019MY F-Pace SVR - for family duties

jagseven

Post by jagseven »

Also - anyone know the history of OV68 GKG?
Thanks
simpleR

Post by simpleR »

Very quickly as heading to the pub for the England match.

That is car 47977 (MY18 spec) and was originally supposed to be a Paragon Fleet car but ended up privately owned in Buckinghamshire.

As for noise, all MY18 should be without GPF (EU6) however there might be exceptions for non UK markets. That's model year not reg year. At around car 59207 the cars changed to be EU6d with Gasoline particulate filters (GPF). This seems to tie in when the model number rolled over to MY19 (remembering model years and reg plates are completely different).

I can have a full look into the car on Monday if required.
400 Sport AWD - MY18 - Black
jagseven

Post by jagseven »

Thanks SimpleR - more info on that car would be great - enjoy the game, fingers crossed!
Tel

Post by Tel »

Go for the "Full fat" option...2015-2017 V8R.
2016MY V8R IRR
ITG Maxogen Cold air intake kit
Billet OBD lock
Forged lightweight Blades
Full custom Xpel Ultimate PPF wrap
Piano Black badges
17mm MST Hubcentrics
Smarttop remote
Black exhaust tips
Porterfield RS-4 Carbon Kevlar pads
Mich PS4S's
+ more 💩
rogerhall33

Post by rogerhall33 »

My face lift 17 plate V8r makes loads of noise when U want it to... I thought they all did bar the GPF models. If you can get carbon brakes as it transforms cleaning, you just get no brake dust!! Mine are spotless even with mid 20k miles now.
simpleR

Post by simpleR »

jagseven wrote: Sat Dec 10, 2022 6:23 pm Thanks SimpleR - more info on that car would be great - enjoy the game, fingers crossed!
Clear on PNC, untaxed since 28th October and needs a new set of tyres.
It has had both software updates for quietness (so it forgets dynamic mode at each ignition cycle).
But other than that I cannot find anything further.
400 Sport AWD - MY18 - Black
jagseven

Post by jagseven »

Thanks again Simple R - I had another look at this car and the brake discs are very scored and the rear callipers very corroded + needs new tyres. Doesn’t seem like a cherished vehicle. Reminds me why I like to buy cars new…
jagseven

Post by jagseven »

After much searching I have done a deal on a late 2018 SVR - the bad news (being a MY19 car) it has the GPF so doesn’t sound quite so exciting…but it does have very low miles (6.5k) has the bigger screen that gives me Apple CarPlay but most importantly comes in SVO satin paint plus full exterior carbon pack - so it looks amazing to my eyes. I will pick her up next week sometime.

872C8924-6251-4125-B3A3-34078E5A996F.jpeg

mac_in_scotland

Post by mac_in_scotland »

Beautiful looking car mate! The satin paint looks lovely. Hopefully it’ll be okay to take care of! 😎
Firesand Orange V8S Convertible.

Production number 98. 😎🧡