Jaguar assist

Forum for Jaguar Customer Relations
PaulWildsmith

Post by PaulWildsmith »

Our car is coming up to 3 years old. Don't want to pay for extended warranty, but would like to continue jaguar assist. Is this possible?
Married to a F Type owner (P300 2021 model)

Moss

Post by Moss »

Last time I used Jaguar Assist, it was an AA man.

As I get “free” AA through my bank, JA is surplus to needs.
SVR Coupe in Ammonite.
PaulWildsmith

Post by PaulWildsmith »

Thanks, yes I know they use AA. Just wanted confidence in ease of calling via button in car.

There are some very cheap roadside assistance available, many under £20/ year, but you wonder how good ..
Married to a F Type owner (P300 2021 model)
scm

Post by scm »

Moss wrote: Mon Jan 16, 2023 5:10 pm Last time I used Jaguar Assist, it was an AA man.
Last time (only time!) I called Jag Assist was on a Sunday night and they offered me an AA man in an hour, or a Jag tech the next day. I needed my car first thing the next day so elected for the AA man, who sorted me out in a few minutes.
MY18 F-Type V8 R AWD in Glacier White
Lots of leather and toys, and loads of noise!
Moss

Post by Moss »

More or less, same here - thankfully.
The AA man helped with a duff battery exchange at short notice.
Only once in an aggregate of eleven or twelve years of Jag ownership.
SVR Coupe in Ammonite.
Keith666

Post by Keith666 »

The plus side on having Jaguar assist, is that if your car is not repaired at the roadside, they will arrange recovery and supply a RAF car, similar to yours.
Reims Edition,MY21, French racing blue, pano roof, 20” Black spoke Wheels, heated this and that, dual climate, Union jag pack.
Previous P250 R Dynamic XE
ianp

Post by ianp »

I believe there are three levels of assistance available, two of which do not include elements such as extended parts warranty or tracking etc. They also limit the number of claims and value up to a specific cost. I am not prepared to gamble, that if I have a problem, the issue will not be sorted and we end up having a dispute of the cost of repair etc.

For the sake of about of about £19 per week, I can justify having the extended warranty. On the other hand, I do not have any leasing cost to worry about so apart from insurance and servicing, which is on a three year contract, it seems a small amount to pay for price of mind.

Saying that, the bloody thing was frozen solid this morning and it was an hour before I could get the windows to drop allowing me to get in the car!
F-TYPE P300 2019MY R-Dynamic, Santorini, 20" Diamonds, Climate, Park & Meridian Surround.
Pre: XE P250 2017MY R-Dynamic, Caesium.
Audio: Meridian 808v5, 861v4, DSP7.2k L/R, DSP5k C, DSP33 R & DSW 1500 Sub.

• You may also be interested in...
    Replies
    Views
    Last post