Warranty - worth it?

Anything F-Type related......
jagseven

Post by jagseven »

I’m buying a 68 plate SVR which is a Jaguar used approved car so will come with 1 year warranty - there is an option to extend this by 1,2 or 3 extra years. The 3 warranty costs £1500 which doesn’t seem too bad for peace of mind.
How reliable do people find the F-Type to be - do you typically spend a few £100 a year on warranty type things or not? Thoughts?
2019MY F-Type SVR - for fun
2019MY F-Pace SVR - for family duties

scm

Post by scm »

If you're getting the Jaguar Approved warranty I'd say go for it at £1500 for 3 years. Of course, we can't advise on how your mind wants peace - ! renewed only once after my factory warranty expired and have had no warranty issues since then. I do have a very good independent whom I trust to keep my cars on the road without ripping me off.
MY18 F-Type V8 R AWD in Glacier White
Lots of leather and toys, and loads of noise!
daytona650

Post by daytona650 »

With a decent independent and a bit of preventative maintenance its not worth it imo. My car is 10 years old this year (i've owned it since nearly new) - no issues.

The only things i do preventively is injector cleaner from time to time and change the diff oil every couple of years.

I'm debating a gearbox oil change this year. Not a diy job i dont think (?).
2013 V6S Convertible - Salsa Red, Performance Seats, 20" Wheels, Climate Pack.
Backofthenet

Post by Backofthenet »

I have decided not to renew this year but would renew if offered a 3 year deal @ £1500 - that's £500 / year and if it's the full warranty then a bargain on an SVR.

It's also transferable so a great selling point if you decide to sell after 2 years.
jagseven

Post by jagseven »

I was told the warranty was not transferable but you could request a pro rata refund if you sold the car - I will need to read the details.
(I didn’t bother to extend the warranty on my F-Pace when it ended after 3 years but that’s because I knew the car well having owned from new plus it was more expensive as I recall - more like £1k+ for just one year but cannot recall the details)
2019MY F-Type SVR - for fun
2019MY F-Pace SVR - for family duties

• You may also be interested in...
    Replies
    Views
    Last post