Two jags

Post pictures of your Jaguar FType here!
jagseven

Post by jagseven »

Didn’t realise I had special nuts - my wife will be pleased 😀
I will take a look at the disc if it ever stops raining but I did notice that a few jags I looked at all seemed to have slightly scored discs - maybe this is a common F-type thing? What causes a scored disc?
I did notice the brakes sometimes squeak slightly when coming to a halt but not sure if this is “normal”
But in any event very happy with the F-type so far - such a good looking car!
2019MY F-Type SVR - for fun
2019MY F-Pace SVR - for family duties

scm

Post by scm »

My brakes have never squeaked, so I'd say yours is not normal in my world.
MY18 F-Type V8 R AWD in Glacier White
Lots of leather and toys, and loads of noise!
ralphr1780

Post by ralphr1780 »

jagseven wrote: Thu Mar 09, 2023 8:31 pm Didn’t realise I had special nuts - my wife will be pleased 😀
:lol: Guess she knew this already !
On my F-Pace the brakes squealed on cold days for the first 3-4 pedal strokes, awfully like an old bicycle. The dealer insisted for not changing the pads claiming originals were non-dusting and had plenty of life still. But I couldnt stand it further and changed these last month, what a relief.
F-Type dont squeal usually, whats the mileage of the car, maybe pads are getting thin?
Didnt know the malstrom were available in full black, never seen any before. Probably a special order, do they have the svr logo too?
ralph
V6S-AWD-Coupé-LHD-Caldera Red-MY20 aka Red Devil
SVR-Coupé-LHD-Santorini Black-MY20 aka Nyx
jagseven

Post by jagseven »

Loads of meat on the pads I was told (car has only done 6.7k miles) so maybe I just need a few high speed stops to de-glaze the discs - squeal is only very slight at low speeds when coming to a halt.
I think wheels were a special order - they do have SVR logo but this is a decal that has been added. I was told the SVR is etched into standard diamond cut wheels so this is the solution - works also if you need to refurbish the wheels and/or want to change the colour.
Added a private SVO plate today and gave the car a good wash - so forgive the rusty discs - I’m envious of those with carbon ceramic brakes not having this issue!

60419AE5-85A0-492E-999B-A7A590E3F1D5.jpeg

9859089A-000E-45C6-8B1C-EAF250BC864E.jpeg

1D04479C-5031-4460-91F2-21408F54E474.jpeg

C1AE283C-05A7-41A1-9C43-C74A318E9D9D.jpeg

jagseven

Post by jagseven »

F30777F5-83A4-42E7-8D38-EE197531D2DD.jpeg

And one shot of the inside…
Lunar

Post by Lunar »

Looks great.
And the scrub line going nicely through the middle of your Michelin man indicator on that rear tyre shot 👌
MY14 "S" badged V6 Convertible in Lunar Grey metallic
Performance seats, Meridian, heated flat bottom wheel with aluminium paddles, heated front screen, cruise, dual zone climate, switchable active exhaust
jagseven

Post by jagseven »

After 9 months SVR ownership and having added 2.5k miles, time for an update/random thoughts:
The thing that has surprised me most is ride comfort - the F-type rides better than the F-Pace - didn’t expect that.
Steering lock is not quite as good as F-Pace so parking can be more challenging.
Ground clearance can be an issue - only really a problem with extreme speed bumps but I don’t like driving when deep puddles on the road (probably more of a physiological thing after the sense of freedom an SUV affords).
No rear wiper! - a pain with all the rain we’ve had recently but it would spoil the looks and I rarely drive it in the rain anyway…
I’m quite tall and struggle to see under top of windscreen to see when traffic lights turn green.
Love using the paddles - mainly to accelerate in 2nd and then lift off to get some exhaust thunder - keeps me entertained when stuck in slow moving traffic on M25. In fairness F-Pace does the same but feels more appropriate in F-type.
F-Pace is much better daily driver but F-Type feels (and looks) much more special.
F-Pace handles very well but F-type clearly better at going around corners fast - it can feel surprisingly sporty given its luxurious nature - not Caterham/Lotus sporty but closer than I expected.
If I’m honest the F-Pace is the better car overall mainly because it suits my needs better (taking kids stuff back and forth to university etc) yet still delivers 95% of the thrills - but the F-type is certainly more desirable and the car I “want” to own.
Will keep both!
Cluck

Post by Cluck »

Ha, the lack of rear wiper caught me out the first time I instinctively tried to turn the wiper stalk to activate it, as I had been doing in my previous 2 cars for nearly a decade! It took me a moment to realise "oh, there's no wiper, no matter!". As for traffic lights, I tend to stop before the line now so that I can see them more clearly - it quickly got boring getting beeped by drivers because I'd parked too far forward and couldn't see them!

I love your summary though .... it's the car you WANT to own! Perfect.
MY21 F-Type P450 R Dynamic in Portofino Blue, Black Exterior Pack, Performance Seats, Suede headlining (with Blur as support act)
Eclipse83

Post by Eclipse83 »

A beautiful combo. You didn't push the boat out on colour though :D .

P.S. that Alcantara looks SO touchable!
| MY15 | V6S Coupe | RWD | Italian Racing Red | Perf. Seats & Wheel | Pano Roof |
scm

Post by scm »

jagseven wrote: Thu Nov 09, 2023 10:22 pm I’m quite tall and struggle to see under top of windscreen to see when traffic lights turn green.
That's what the pano roof is for! ;)
MY18 F-Type V8 R AWD in Glacier White
Lots of leather and toys, and loads of noise!