wind screen washers

Technical Advice, Faults and How-To Information.
gasgas

Post by gasgas »

Mine do not perform well and just wondering if the pump is failing, found new pump online for less than £30 so would be a cheap fix, the water only dribbles out of the two wiper blades but full on for the head lights.

Any thoughts please

Lunar

Post by Lunar »

Pretty sure they’re both fed from the front washer bottle, as the rear one just acts as a reservoir.
Before swapping out the pump - could be a fun job! - are you sure the nozzles aren’t just gunged up?
A strand of wire or thin pin usually confirms.
MY14 "S" badged V6 Convertible in Lunar Grey metallic
Performance seats, Meridian, heated flat bottom wheel with aluminium paddles, heated front screen, cruise, dual zone climate, switchable active exhaust
ZeusHavok

Post by ZeusHavok »

The F-Type has separate windscreen washer and headlight washer pumps. https://parts.jaguarlandroverclassic.co ... nd/jaguar/

I would still first check the nozzles aren't just blocked before getting a new washer pump.
MY2017 F-Type S AWD Coupe - Firesand Orange / Optioned out to heck and back.
Lunar

Post by Lunar »

Yes, separate pumps mounted on the same reservoir.
MY14 "S" badged V6 Convertible in Lunar Grey metallic
Performance seats, Meridian, heated flat bottom wheel with aluminium paddles, heated front screen, cruise, dual zone climate, switchable active exhaust
basher

Post by basher »

Mine failed too 4 weeks ago. Found one of the tubes feeding the wiper hanging loose. Reconnected and topped up rear reservoir to no avail. I can hear pump trying to do something but not a drop of water comes out.

I have no patience or skill to investigate further... so booked in for garage to investigate, in another 4 weeks time!

I'm barely driving at the moment, so no issue. I have a water bottle in the car to clear windscreen if required.
Rhodium silver F-Type 400 Sport AWD coupe.

PB Brakes big brake kit: drilled & slotted rotors, big yellow calipers. 😁
Darren P

Post by Darren P »

Hi

I have had a few problems with windscreen washer so learnt a lot about system. As people have already mentioned one tank in back where you top up and another in front with 2 pumps one for windscreen washers and second for headlamps.

The threefaults I have had

1. Mixing different windscreen wash makes caused lines to block.
2. Non return valve behind rear bumper failed which meant if I parked car on a hill nose lower than boot the rear tank syphoned to front tank which then overflowed front tank.
3. Washer stoped working and I could hear pump running. I found T piece under front shuttle panel where two washers join had failed . Easy to find and pulled hose off from pump and found I had water pumping. Unfortunately Jaguar do not sell T piece separately and you need to by shuttle panel and all hoses with T. From memory £130. I got non return T piece from Amazon for £3.

I hope the above helps.
2017 F Type 340 Caldera Red
2020 I Pace
Mister_D

Post by Mister_D »

Hi Darren,

Hoping you get this..

I am having issues with mine too, probably all you mention but the most annoying of all is that despite blowing air through the lines as much as possible, my windscreen washers are more of a trickle than a squirt. Did you have to remove the windscreen scuttle to get to the T piece? It's seems pretty tight for space under there. I had a split hose going to the driver's side wiper so I replaced that but still no better.

I have the problem with the back syphoning to the front too, did you have to remove the bumper to replace that?

Thanks

Dan
MY17 F-Type V6 RWD in Glacier White
Darren P

Post by Darren P »

Hi

I didn’t have to remove the scuttle plate. If I remember rightly I removed the small plate on driver side just in front of scuttle plate. Then found washer hose coming up from pump and reservoir and followed it up. T piece was accessible. FYI Jaguar do not sell T piece separately only with whole scuttle plate assembly £140 from memory. I bought some from Amazon.

I believe the non return valve is mounted on the rear reservoir behind rear bumper. I did fancy taking bumper of so booked it in garage.

D6C7A052-6E8C-4B51-8CAF-5F8DE91A312C.png

2017 F Type 340 Caldera Red
2020 I Pace

• You may also be interested in...
    Replies
    Views
    Last post