Paint protection film (ppf)

Anything F-Type related......
jagseven

Post by jagseven »

I have decided to get ppf installed on the front and side sills of my car to protect the paint - my car has satin paint so is therefore more vulnerable than standard gloss paint.
Although my car is not new the paint is immaculate (very low miles will have helped) and I want to keep it that way.
It’s not exactly cheap at c£2k all in so I do wonder if I’m wasting my money…I don’t normally suffer badly from stone chips by not tailgating and hanging back etc
Has anyone else had ppf installed on their F-type?
Any good or bad experiences to share?
2019MY F-Type SVR - for fun
2019MY F-Pace SVR - for family duties

NCE 61

Post by NCE 61 »

I had the front of mine done, and after five years still looks like new.
2018.5 F-Type Convertible 2.0 Litre BRG
basher

Post by basher »

NCE 61 wrote: Fri Mar 17, 2023 11:09 am I had the front of mine done, and after five years still looks like new.
What he said! 😂

The edges have lifted in a couple of places, so am considering getting it re-applied... and maybe extend the coverage to include the bonnet.

Also, the templates that were used on mine didn't tuck under or into the panel gaps... so the edges can discolour. If I do get it re-applied, I will question what templates they'll be using.
Rhodium silver F-Type 400 Sport AWD coupe.

PB Brakes big brake kit: drilled & slotted rotors, big yellow calipers. 😁
Jeff-W

Post by Jeff-W »

I think front-end ppf is money well spent. The package I bought included the sills and, strangely, just behind the rear wheels on the underside of the rear panel.

Most of the marks I have removed from the film on this car, and previous ones, were caused by stones thrown up by opposite direction traffic, particularly trucks, so is worth it however cautiously you drive.

I have always taken cars for ppf with no more than delivery mileage on them - it is important that whoever you choose is prepared to do the prep work to remove all traces of grease and road residue first.
MY22 F-Type R V8 AWD Coupe - Portofino Blue with full exterior black pack. Front and sills Xpel ppf.
jagseven

Post by jagseven »

Good to hear - I’m booked in with these guys xpelbiggleswade.co.uk having seen their work on a neighbours new Porsche - certainly looks like they know what they doing.
They confirmed full clean, clay bar etc before applying the PPF (stealth PPF in my case).
For a modest fee they will pick the car up from home on a closed trailer so that’s what I have opted for - very convenient and less risk of picking up a stone chip on route!
2019MY F-Type SVR - for fun
2019MY F-Pace SVR - for family duties
Jaguandy

Post by Jaguandy »

My PPF has been great, well worth having. Next time I may consider getting the whole car done as it's so easy to keep.
F-Type R Coupe Firenze (Italian Racing Red) AWD MY16
mono-uk

Post by mono-uk »

just make sure your insurance company is ok with it - i saw a thread on pistonheads where a large insurance company was trying to weasel out of an accident claim because of an 'undeclared wrap mod'
Current: Black MY16 V8R AWD F-Type Convertible, Blade wheels, Exterior Black Pack
Previous: Black MY15 V6S F-Type Convertible, Blade wheels
Deleted User 1715

Post by Deleted User 1715 »

I had expel ppf on front, sills and just in front of rear wheels and worth every penny. Additionally it keeps the external ‘black pack’ parts in as new condition. Normally these sorts of black plastic scratch easily and can be a pain to clean.
DAN@ADRIAN FLUX

Post by DAN@ADRIAN FLUX »

Hi.
If you have any issues with insurance for this then please feel free to drop me a line.
Regards,
Dan.
Tel

Post by Tel »

Insurance Co.s generally won't cover the cost of replacing PPF in the event of a claim.

FWIW Had a full custom healable film on for 8 years.
A decent installer will wrap around the edges leaving nothing to chance...expect to pay a little more, but if it's a keeper then it's a no-brainer.
2016MY V8R IRR
ITG Maxogen Cold air intake kit
Billet OBD lock
Forged lightweight Blades
Full custom Xpel Ultimate PPF wrap
Piano Black badges
17mm MST Hubcentrics
Smarttop remote
Black exhaust tips
Porterfield RS-4 Carbon Kevlar pads
Mich PS4S's
+ more 💩