New cermic coat

Detailing, Washing, Waxing..
SilverDreamMachine

Post by SilverDreamMachine »

NaughtyGnome wrote: Tue May 02, 2023 8:07 am
Jaguandy wrote: Fri Apr 07, 2023 4:35 pm Personally, I would have at least the front done in PPF. 5 years on mine and no little chips.
Slightly off-topic but who did you use for your PPF and which brand of PPF did they apply?
I am due to take delivery of my F type in a few months and was going to get it PPF'd

Thanks
Interesting development this week - car in for PPF on front bumper plus ceramic coat. Got a call at the end of day 1 saying that the OEM template doesn't fit correctly and is too small, so not covering the full area. Outcome - ditched the PPF and going full ceramic coating. I trust the detailer I use as they done a number of my cars including wrapping work and are accredited on both counts. Will update you once I've picked the car up and seen what they meant.
21MY P450 AWD, Coupe, Blue; ex-20MY P300, Convertible, Silver

SilverDreamMachine

[/quote]
Interesting development this week - car in for PPF on front bumper plus ceramic coat. Got a call at the end of day 1 saying that the OEM template doesn't fit correctly and is too small, so not covering the full area. Outcome - ditched the PPF and going full ceramic coating. I trust the detailer I use as they done a number of my cars including wrapping work and are accredited on both counts. Will update you once I've picked the car up and seen what they meant.
[/quote]

So, picked the car up today and once again amazed and delighted by what my detailer does for me - car looks amazing!! Discussed the PPF situation and appears that they were unable to access a template for my MY21 facelift car's bumper. I've not had PPF before and was in two minds anyway and very happy with the work done this week. Interested if others have come across this issue?
SilverDreamMachine

NaughtyGnome wrote: Tue May 02, 2023 8:07 am
Jaguandy wrote: Fri Apr 07, 2023 4:35 pm Personally, I would have at least the front done in PPF. 5 years on mine and no little chips.
Slightly off-topic but who did you use for your PPF and which brand of PPF did they apply?
I am due to take delivery of my F type in a few months and was going to get it PPF'd

Thanks
The quote I had was for Llumar PPF. In the end I didn't have PPF fitted - principally due to the extra £2K it was going to cost to do just the front end - as the F Type needs a 72" width film, but also when I saw that PPF can get damaged and the issues some have with dirt accumulating under the edges.
Andrew24

Post by Andrew24 »

I used this on the weekend after a good clean and was very impressed.

https://www.autofinesse.com/en/lavish-1 ... gIiZfD_BwE

1.jpg

| MY14 | V6S Coupe | RWD | White | Panoramic roof |
Andrew24

Post by Andrew24 »

See attached

3.jpg

2.jpg

| MY14 | V6S Coupe | RWD | White | Panoramic roof |

• You may also be interested in...
    Replies
    Views