Apple car play

Anything F-Type related......
Deleted User 3656

Post by Deleted User 3656 »

Have just fitted the apple car play upgrade from unique auto developments to my car quite a easy job did look at a lot of on line content that helped seems a lot better than the old system for music in my car.one question what map system have other owners found best who use apple play

Lunar

Post by Lunar »

Used to use Waze but tend to go with Google Maps now.

Did you find the reversing camera worked correctly straight away?
MY14 "S" badged V6 Convertible in Lunar Grey metallic
Performance seats, Meridian, heated flat bottom wheel with aluminium paddles, heated front screen, cruise, dual zone climate, switchable active exhaust
cj10jeeper

Post by cj10jeeper »

I have it in a new BMW and also use Google. By far the best for real time traffic delays, rerouting, etc.
2014 MY 3.0 V6S Roadster
Subtle enhancements to create the car I wanted from SVR nose cone, 400 series side skirts & customised 'design' rear bumper, to heated SVR steering wheel and more
Deleted User 3656

To answer question about the rear camera it works just as the normal head unit I did check this before ordering
Lunar

Post by Lunar »

Ah that’s good to hear 👍
MY14 "S" badged V6 Convertible in Lunar Grey metallic
Performance seats, Meridian, heated flat bottom wheel with aluminium paddles, heated front screen, cruise, dual zone climate, switchable active exhaust
ZeusHavok

Post by ZeusHavok »

I checked and mine still didn't work out the box and had to splice into a cable behind the passenger seat which I had to figure out myself which one it was. It was a bit of a fart on but turned out well in the end.
MY2017 F-Type S AWD Coupe - Firesand Orange / Optioned out to heck and back.
Stebrim1

Post by Stebrim1 »

Do any companies supply and fit this upgrade?
Deleted User 3656

Bit of a recap the reverse camera does not work out of the box on my car and flickers that have suggested the splice route?has any one done this below is there response

Thanks for your email, we have seen this before.
This can happen if the reverse data in the vehicle is not correct for the system. You can resolve this by connecting the orange Rear-C wire on the power loom to the reverse light positive of the car, when this orange wire receives 12v then the screen will switch to the factory system to view the camera. This will stabilise the signal.

Alternatively, you can hold the HOME button to switch out and view the reverse camera.

Sincerely,
Response Team
Busa1400

Post by Busa1400 »

Had mine fitted yesterday by James - came to me in Towcester - was there about an hour - fabulous job - all works straight away - JH Audio Solutions - James - 07713 879996
mono-uk

Post by mono-uk »

Busa1400 wrote: Sat Jun 10, 2023 11:07 am Had mine fitted yesterday by James - came to me in Towcester - was there about an hour - fabulous job - all works straight away - JH Audio Solutions - James - 07713 879996
He's not far from me I'll give him a call, did you buy the unit yourself from Unique-AD or did James provide?
Current: Black MY16 V8R AWD F-Type Convertible, Blade wheels, Exterior Black Pack
Previous: Black MY15 V6S F-Type Convertible, Blade wheels

• You may also be interested in...
    Replies
    Views
    Last post