Green brakes anyone?

Non F-Type related topics... Have a look inside!
Lunar

Post by Lunar »

So with Euro7 in 2025 there are requirements on brake and tyre emissions.

I’m all for less dust from the brakes but usually that means they are a harder compound and therefore the disc wears at a higher rate.

Hopefully this doesn’t mean a reduction in brake feel and efficiency but it does appear to mean you couldn’t replace the Euro7 brakes with aftermarket ones anymore.

Same goes for tyres - great if the tyres last longer but surely a harder compound means less ultimate grip.

It will be interesting to see a quality review of a Euro7 performance car.

I’m assuming all this has come about due to the - ooh, aren’t electric cars so clean with emissions - oh hang on, forgot about brake dust and tyre wear from the electric traffic light warriors.

Will be interesting to see how this pans out.

https://www.autocar.co.uk/car-news/tech ... ead-euro-7
MY14 "S" badged V6 Convertible in Lunar Grey metallic
Performance seats, Meridian, heated flat bottom wheel with aluminium paddles, heated front screen, cruise, dual zone climate, switchable active exhaust

scm

Post by scm »

Lunar wrote: Mon Jun 12, 2023 10:40 amI’m assuming all this has come about due to the - ooh, aren’t electric cars so clean with emissions - oh hang on, forgot about brake dust and tyre wear from the electric traffic light warriors.
They don't seem to care about the kids mining the lithium for the batteries, either. But I'm sure in time, they'll be trawling deep sea beds for precious metals - no ecological damage there, obviously.
MY18 F-Type V8 R AWD in Glacier White
Lots of leather and toys, and loads of noise!

• You may also be interested in...
    Replies
    Views
    Last post