Service Plans........

Anything F-Type related......
DavidP

Post by DavidP »

Hi,
I have just embarked on putting in place a 5yr service plan with a large dealership SE England.
I thought i knew what i wanted but found out that it is a minefield, whether that is due to the conflicting views/understanding of service advisors or just a blatant misunderstanding of just what's included.
3 visits over 2 days, to finally be put on the phone to speak with another service plan advisor, who said "i will tell you what you want' and then got it wrong....

Has anyone else encountered difficulties like this?.

I loved the fact that by taking an extra package would cover any uplift of adblue that i needed adinterim..... on a 5l petrol engine i am still laughing about that one......
cheers
MY21 P450AWD Coupe BRG

simpleR

Post by simpleR »

Personally I don't think they are worth the money.

The Jaguar 3+ service plans (for cars over three years) fix the price for the term of the service plan and reduce the labour by 10%. I was offered one just yesterday at my 6th service.

For my car the next services are 7th, 8th and 9th. The 7th service on mine is just an oil change (same as the first service) but they are charging £271 after discounts on the service plan (as the costs are broken down) for each service.

But an oil change with vehicle health check direct on Jaguar website at the same dealer is only £181. So much for a service plan being cheaper. Likewise the 8th service was £581 on service plan but only £385 direct on the same dealers website.

I therefore declined the amazing deal, however the one I was offered didn't have any Adblue 😂.
400 Sport AWD - MY18 - Black
scm

Post by scm »

simpleR wrote: Thu Jul 13, 2023 11:39 pm I therefore declined the amazing deal, however the one I was offered didn't have any Adblue 😂.
Someone is taking the p!ss ... :lol:
MY18 F-Type V8 R AWD in Glacier White
Lots of leather and toys, and loads of noise!
gasgas

Post by gasgas »

Main dealers are just after one thing £, idies offer far better service and do a good job as they like your returning buisness.
santoshlv426

Post by santoshlv426 »

Not worth the money. I took out a 2 year and lost out. Just save the cash you would have paid in a bank account and pay for the stuff as it arises.
F Type 5.0L V8 RWD 2016
Rhodium Silver

scm

Post by scm »

gasgas wrote: Fri Jul 14, 2023 8:37 am Main dealers are just after one thing £ ....
Well, someone has to pay for the free coffee .... ;)
MY18 F-Type V8 R AWD in Glacier White
Lots of leather and toys, and loads of noise!
mickjaguar

Post by mickjaguar »

I have a service plan on one car and don't for the other one. It depends on the maths and what options you have in the way of dealers or indies within reasonable distance.

I've experienced dealers go from exceptional to mediocre, when personnel move on and variability between indies. It depends on the people really. I wouldn't buy a service plan tied into a particular dealer or group for that reason.
2019 SVR Coupe, Velocity Blue
Previous 2015 V6 340 Coupe IRR
JamesOC

Post by JamesOC »

I researched this earlier this year and took out a 5 year plan direct with Jaguar - I worked it out as significantly cheaper than the quoted Jaguar fixed price servicing for the relevant 5 years and massively cheaper than the dealer quotes I got. I think I shared the comparative figures on here at the time and worked out the plan was similar to Indie prices.
The cost was £2500 and is paid monthly and interest free and included the years 4-8 services. In my view it was a no brainer.
MY20 R AWD Coupe, Portofino Blue
Previous: 2011 XK
TopCat

Post by TopCat »

I think Jaguar contracts out its service plan, although it is referred to as being administered by EMaC Limited.

One of the conditions says
2.3. Services Costs will be deducted from your payment. In the event that the cost of the Services received by you prior to termination exceeds the payments made by you, you shall remain liable for the outstanding amount and shall make immediate payment to us of any balance due and we shall be entitled to charge interest at a rate of 4% above the base rate of Barclays Bank plc until full reimbursement is made.

Based on the above there doesn’t appear to be any savings for having a service plan, unless the dealer is reducing their prices for a service plan being in place.

https://www.jaguar.co.uk/ownership/serv ... tions.html
2017 F Type V6 coupe, storm grey, panoramic roof, 19" wheels
simpleR

Post by simpleR »

The benefits of a service plan are fixed price monthly payments, protected from price inflation, peace of mind, no need to shop around.
A service plan should reduce labour rates by 10% however they are not cheaper than shopping around or booking individual components.
400 Sport AWD - MY18 - Black

• You may also be interested in...
    Replies
    Views
    Last post