New F-Type and member

New to the F-Type Forum? Please introduce yourself here
davidls

Post by davidls »

Hi!
I collected my Portofino Blue MY2021 P575 F-Type R from Marshall Jaguar Ipswich Thursday night. Gave it a run to Blackpool and back on the Friday and loved it (520 mile round trip) to collect my eldest.
Fastest and loudest car I have ever owned 🤣
Was a spur of the moment purchase as I went in to collect a locking wheel nut for my Land Rover Discovery L462 after 5yrs/18,000 miles and came away with a rocket 2yrs/31,000 miles.
I have my CTEK charger on the battery positive terminal in the boot and the negative on the chassis, assume that’s ok?
Hope to speak to you all soon!
David.

IMG_4421.jpeg

IMG_4424.jpeg

MY21 F-Type R P575 AWD Coupe. Portofino Blue, panoramic roof, exterior black design pack, climate pack, Meridian surround sound system, privacy glass.

Purplecat

Post by Purplecat »

Lovely Car - Congratulations - did the flamingos come with it :)
(though they seem to have flown now :lol:
2019 F-Type 5.0 V8 R AWD Coupe Silicon Silver
munchie

Post by munchie »

Try the Noise with fuse 15 removed from the engine bay fuse box, passenger side. Its so much more raucous..
davidls

Post by davidls »

🤣🤣 thanks Purplecat! Sadly it did not come with flamingo’s, that would have been a nice touch though 👍
MY21 F-Type R P575 AWD Coupe. Portofino Blue, panoramic roof, exterior black design pack, climate pack, Meridian surround sound system, privacy glass.
davidls

Post by davidls »

munchie wrote: Sun Jul 30, 2023 5:53 pm Try the Noise with fuse 15 removed from the engine bay fuse box, passenger side. Its so much more raucous..
What will that do?
mickjaguar

Post by mickjaguar »

It disables the solenoid that closes the valves. On these cars the valves only fully open at high revs or under full throttle. It's worth a try to see if you like it. Nice burble at low revs.

On the V8s you can exercise the valves by hand occasionally to keep them mobile if you want.
2019 SVR Coupe, Velocity Blue
Previous 2015 V6 340 Coupe IRR
scm

Post by scm »

davidls wrote: Sun Jul 30, 2023 5:36 pm I have my CTEK charger on the battery positive terminal in the boot and the negative on the chassis, assume that’s ok?
Shoud be okay although the recommended practice is to connect to the positive bus bar in the box on the boot floor, under the cubby. That's for the pre-facelift, yours may be different, of course. Negative to the chassis is fine.

And welcome to the club!
MY18 F-Type V8 R AWD in Glacier White
Lots of leather and toys, and loads of noise!
davidls

Post by davidls »

Thank you 🤗
I will have a look to see what else is under there, I suspect the busbar is inside the flat grey box which has the large red cables in and out?
scm

Post by scm »

davidls wrote: Mon Jul 31, 2023 7:02 am I suspect the busbar is inside the flat grey box which has the large red cables in and out?
It's black in mine but it sounds like the same thing.
MY18 F-Type V8 R AWD in Glacier White
Lots of leather and toys, and loads of noise!
Philskill

Post by Philskill »

DSC03831.JPG

MY19 Carpathian Grey R-Dynamic P300, Black pack in and out, 12 way Memory seats, Climate Pack, Park assist, Meridian Surround, switchable exhaust.

• You may also be interested in...
    Replies
    Views
    Last post