Purchasing help and how to identify F-type options from pictures?

Anything F-Type related......
jagseven

Post by jagseven »

I’d buy the one I wanted the most! With any used car there will always be small differences that make a big difference to how they feel. Like Kev, I’d sit in one and imagine how I’d feel if the other car pulled up next to me at the lights - that would soon tell me which car I wanted more.
2019MY F-Type SVR - for fun
2019MY F-Pace SVR - for family duties

MikeM

Post by MikeM »

Do you want the more powerful 575 or are you happy with the 450? My personal opinion would be that the 450 has more power than you will ever be able to comfortably use as a convertible. So would go with the lower mileage newer car. Just be aware of the harder depreciation that the newer car would suffer.
MY21 P450AWD R Dynamic Coupe, Bluefire
NavigatorNI

Post by NavigatorNI »

Like Kev, I'd go for the older P575R. 15-20k is still low mileage and, as the years go on, regulations seem to be making the cars less noisy. More car, less money, what's not to like?
V6S Coupé, RWD, MY16
Salsa Red
20" Turbine silver alloys
Lots of extras
Lots of noise
Lots of smiles :D :D :D
Kev

Post by Kev »

NavigatorNI wrote: Fri Nov 24, 2023 3:37 am Like Kev, I'd go for the older P575R. 15-20k is still low mileage and, as the years go on, regulations seem to be making the cars less noisy. More car, less money, what's not to like?
The fuel bill😉
MY18 V6S AWD P400 Santorini Black
MY16 V6S AWD British Racing Green (Rejected)
itsajaaaag

Post by itsajaaaag »

MajorTom wrote: Thu Nov 23, 2023 8:12 pm Just something to keep in mind about the warranties if you're buying in Germany - the Jaguar Approved warranty isn't worth as much as the factory warranty because there's a lot of things excluded from it.
That's true although one Jaguar dealer in Germany told me that the main things like the engine and transmission are still covered.
jagseven wrote: Thu Nov 23, 2023 9:06 pm I’d buy the one I wanted the most! With any used car there will always be small differences that make a big difference to how they feel. Like Kev, I’d sit in one and imagine how I’d feel if the other car pulled up next to me at the lights - that would soon tell me which car I wanted more.
That's a great philosophy in general. The problem here is that the cars we narrowed down are virtually identical trim regarding the exterior and interior specs. The only difference is year, mileage, power and of course price. And here we need some rational thoughts to help us decide.
MikeM wrote: Thu Nov 23, 2023 10:06 pm Do you want the more powerful 575 or are you happy with the 450? My personal opinion would be that the 450 has more power than you will ever be able to comfortably use as a convertible. So would go with the lower mileage newer car. Just be aware of the harder depreciation that the newer car would suffer.
Sure, 450 is more than enough. And they even sound the same as 575. I just don't know if the newer (and less powerful) car is worth 10k extra money.
jagseven

Post by jagseven »

If you feel neutral between the options get the P575 - it’s 10k cheaper and will lose less money. And it’s got more power. Spend the 10k saving on fuel and a motoring holiday - it’s the memories you make with the car rather than the car itself that matters.
2019MY F-Type SVR - for fun
2019MY F-Pace SVR - for family duties
MajorTom

Post by MajorTom »

itsajaaaag wrote: Fri Nov 24, 2023 12:16 pm
MajorTom wrote: Thu Nov 23, 2023 8:12 pm Just something to keep in mind about the warranties if you're buying in Germany - the Jaguar Approved warranty isn't worth as much as the factory warranty because there's a lot of things excluded from it.
That's true although one Jaguar dealer in Germany told me that the main things like the engine and transmission are still covered.
Yep, that's true, the main mechanical stuff is definitely covered. But exhaust and electronics related parts which are excluded can be pretty expensive too. Cars of these model years shouldn't have any particular issues which matter here but there have been issues with earlier cars bought in Germany. Loads of cars from the first facelift, above all MY18, got issues with one of the headlights which costs around 3500€ to replace and weirdly isn't covered by the approved warranty.

Shouldn't matter for the kind of cars you're looking at anyway. Here are the German warranty conditions in case you want to see exactly what's covered.
MY18 V6S R-Dynamic coupé RWD with about every toy and option you could get
BRG, design black pack, 20" carbon blades, pano, full Sienna tan interior with performance seats...
itsajaaaag

Post by itsajaaaag »

Thank you, Tom. One dealer in Germany tried to scare me that the Jaguar Approved warranty isn't valid for non-German registered cars while the document you linked doesn't say anything like that as far as I understand German.
MajorTom

Post by MajorTom »

itsajaaaag wrote: Fri Nov 24, 2023 8:39 pm Thank you, Tom. One dealer in Germany tried to scare me that the Jaguar Approved warranty isn't valid for non-German registered cars while the document you linked doesn't say anything like that as far as I understand German.
That's BS or the dealer is clueless, unless Real Garant recently changed something and there's a newer version of the conditions. Any serious experienced dealers should be used to foreign buyers and applicable warranty conditions. Don't know if there could be an issue if you register it outside of the EU but inside the EU it should be fine. Good to double check before purchase though. Then there's the German used car Gewährleistung which I think is a year from purchase now, which may have you covered even if something is not covered by the approved warranty.

I've bought three Jags from different German dealers over the years, all with German approved warranties, had them all registered in Luxembourg and had warranty claims without any issues for all three of them. For the F-Type it was a new diff and O2 sensor the other year. For my last Jag the dealer even had to shelf out for a complete new engine and honoured that although I was far away in a different country.

Weirdly enough I discovered that the Belgian market approved warranty conditions are better, but given the Belgians' insane taxes on proper engines I guess there aren't many P450 or P575s for sale there. :) A guess is that the German warranty conditions are more limited since the cars are driven harder there than elsewhere in Europe.
MY18 V6S R-Dynamic coupé RWD with about every toy and option you could get
BRG, design black pack, 20" carbon blades, pano, full Sienna tan interior with performance seats...
itsajaaaag

Post by itsajaaaag »

Good morning, did anyone buy this exhaust valve controller from Germany? https://asr-component.de/gb/flap-contro ... l-cb2.html

• You may also be interested in...
    Replies
    Views
    Last post