New DVLA service

Non F-Type related topics... Have a look inside!
Millwheel

Post by Millwheel »

Handy if you have several cars

https://www.gov.uk/driver-vehicles-account

cj10jeeper

Post by cj10jeeper »

Will have a look into this. Looks to be an interesting idea, especially as I have a lot of cars and therefore so many reminders from different sources related to tax & MOT
Thanks for posting

EDIT
Still raining so spent more time on the internet...
Opened an account. Just needed passport number, DL number, a few years of address history and V5C details for each vehicle. Fairly basic service for now, but is a quick way to get tax reminders by email and see things like the VIN numbers online. Also loaded some SORN cars, so handy to have them listed.
Looks like they are to add more functionality to it so can only get better
2014 MY 3.0 V6S Roadster
Subtle enhancements to create the car I wanted from SVR nose cone, 400 series side skirts & customised 'design' rear bumper, to heated SVR steering wheel and more
ianp

Post by ianp »

Just be careful in case you use your cars for more than 15 minutes! Actually I have just renewed my drivers licence online and it was a very easy process.
F-TYPE P300 2019MY R-Dynamic, Santorini, 20" Diamonds, Climate, Park & Meridian Surround.
Pre: XE P250 2017MY R-Dynamic, Caesium.
Audio: Meridian 808v5, 861v4, DSP7.2k L/R, DSP5k C, DSP33 R & DSW 1500 Sub.
Millwheel

Post by Millwheel »

One update - if the name in your passport is not identical to your driving licence (for example if you have two middle names DVLA truncates the second one to an initial on the driving licence) the registration for this service will fail. Hopeless.
scm

Post by scm »

Ir's not as if you need a passport to have a driving licence - stupid requirement.
MY18 F-Type V8 R AWD in Glacier White
Lots of leather and toys, and loads of noise!
ianp

Post by ianp »

"Ir's not as if you need a passport to have a driving licence - stupid requirement."

No, it's not a requirement but an option that means you don't have to mess around taking pictures and scanning signatures. I got my licence back in 2 days!
F-TYPE P300 2019MY R-Dynamic, Santorini, 20" Diamonds, Climate, Park & Meridian Surround.
Pre: XE P250 2017MY R-Dynamic, Caesium.
Audio: Meridian 808v5, 861v4, DSP7.2k L/R, DSP5k C, DSP33 R & DSW 1500 Sub.

• You may also be interested in...
    Replies
    Views
    Last post