NEW MEMBER - HISTORY CHECK PLEASE ON POSSIBLE V8 PURCHASE?

Jaguar F-Type Order Forum
Djayswitch

Post by Djayswitch »

HI, New here. Been told this is the place to come for background info on potential purchases. Looking at a V8 R AWD 2015, 71k on the clock which is higher than i would normally go for however seems decent-ish value at 31.5k so im very interested. Just want to know anything more about the background. Car and dealership both seem legit so far. Got any advice on these models with this sort of mileage? Is it worth taking a 1 or 2 year extended warranty? (No idea how much that will cost mind)

REG - VO15 DVN

THANKS IN ADVANCE

scm

Post by scm »

IME the warranty renewal runs at about a grand - take Jaguar Assist with the most expensive warranty option for real peace of mind. I only extended my warranty once, and haven't had any misfortunes since, so I'm (tempting fate here!) quids in so far. But I do have a very good and trustworthy independent to look after me.

Regarding high mileage - I can't speak for the F-Type (I bought at 1301 miles and 1 year old!) but I had a 2001 XK8 that had over 60,000 miles on it and a 2004 XKR with over 90,000 miles and both were relatively trouble free, considering their ages. Of course, you can't know how well or badly they've been treated so it can be a bit of a lottery. Check the general condition - that should give you a good indication of how well it's been looked after.

And welcome to the forum! (And please don't type all caps - it looks like we're being shouted at!)
MY18 F-Type V8 R AWD in Glacier White
Lots of leather and toys, and loads of noise!
simpleR

Post by simpleR »

VO15 DVN is car number 22188.

It started life as a Jaguar Fleet Car covering 12,491 miles in the first 14 months however I can find no trace of it online.

The car was PDI on 26th Feb 2015 and it throws some confusion over whether this is RWD or AWD as this seems to differ on different resources/websites. It could of been an early AWD model used for promotional activities but due to the high mileage in year 1 I am unsure. It also oddly comes back in KMH rather than MPH on car check websites so it might of been used abroad. We have seen that before with cars showing odometer changes (but not on this one). Ultimately I don't know and purely speculation as I cannot find any details on it.

It has a full service history up to 2021 (however not itemised so no details of whether important items such as rear diff oil, transfer case fluid or spark plug etc have been changed). It then missed a service in 2022 before reappearing in a different county in 2023 for a service.

I have found VO15 DVP which was a magazine and promotional car.

Screenshot_20231024-232239.png

And VO15 DVT which was used as a support vehicle for cycling.

Screenshot_20231024-232442.png

But nothing for VO15 DVN. I would recommend a full check with car vertical and further consideration if service history is important to you. It might have paper records that show exactly what was done at each service.
Hope that helps.
400 Sport AWD - MY18 - Black
Djayswitch

Post by Djayswitch »

Thankyou SimpleR and Scm, thats very informative. Cheers guys. Will ask the dealer for these details before progressing furthur.

EDIT - ran a vertical check , came back totally clean. One slightly confusing piece of data however is it says its a 2016 manufactured car but it was registered in March 2015 so im not sure whether this is just a database error or what?
No discrepancies found however. It also states it is AWD.
simpleR

Post by simpleR »

Jaguar confusingly, use model years which don't align to reg year. Mine for example is a 17 plate but is an MY18 model year. This one is a 15 plate and a MY16 model year.
This is normal.
400 Sport AWD - MY18 - Black
scm

Post by scm »

AS simpleR says, Jaguar likes to think ahead! My MY18 has a build date of 25 March 2017!
MY18 F-Type V8 R AWD in Glacier White
Lots of leather and toys, and loads of noise!

• You may also be interested in...
    Replies
    Views
    Last post