Just Bought an SVR

New to the F-Type Forum? Please introduce yourself here
cj10jeeper

Post by cj10jeeper »

MikeM wrote: Mon Feb 19, 2024 5:27 pm
MarkP wrote: Mon Feb 19, 2024 3:16 pm So nearly 3 months into ownership and have an engine warning light. I have ordered an OBE reader arriving tomorrow to see what it is. No smoke, smells, drives perfect, no strange noises. Obviously could be a number of things. One thing I saw was if fuel filler not fully secured moisture can get in. It wasnt secured fully after filling up last week. Engine light is not clearing after swithingboff and back on few hours later. Was not there few days ago just happened this morning. If anyone has had an engine light without obvious signs as to why please advise. Tomorrow I will see what the reader says it is fingers crossed its just having a bit of a fit.
Check your dealer warranty detail, think it has to have a minimum of 3 months?
If you don't have a warranty that is current and covers it, then consumer law will protect you. In effect covers it for at least 6 months as a pre-existing fault, assuming from your first photo it was a dealer sale and it was not specifically shown to exist at purchase time.
2014 MY 3.0 V6S Roadster
Subtle enhancements to create the car I wanted from SVR nose cone, 400 series side skirts & customised 'design' rear bumper, to heated SVR steering wheel and more

simpleR

Post by simpleR »

MarkP wrote: Mon Feb 19, 2024 3:16 pm So nearly 3 months into ownership and have an engine warning light. I have ordered an OBE reader arriving tomorrow to see what it is. No smoke, smells, drives perfect, no strange noises. Obviously could be a number of things. One thing I saw was if fuel filler not fully secured moisture can get in. It wasnt secured fully after filling up last week. Engine light is not clearing after swithingboff and back on few hours later. Was not there few days ago just happened this morning. If anyone has had an engine light without obvious signs as to why please advise. Tomorrow I will see what the reader says it is fingers crossed its just having a bit of a fit.
O2 sensor would be my guess based on experience if no noticeable issues and no loss of performance
400 Sport AWD - MY18 - Black
jagseven

Post by jagseven »

simpleR wrote: Mon Feb 19, 2024 5:59 pm
O2 sensor would be my guess based on experience if no noticeable issues and no loss of performance
Agreed - that’s what caused my engine light to come on and a common failure it seems - not hugely expensive to sort if you don’t have warranty.
2019MY F-Type SVR - for fun
2019MY F-Pace SVR - for family duties
MarkP

Post by MarkP »

Thanks everyone. I will be able to confirm tomorrow when plug a reader in. I have seen some forums suggesting Jaguar extended warranties on O2 sensors for 10 years from new so if it is this can anyone confirm if O2 sensors have an extended 10 year warranty period in the UK or if thats for other parts of the world only?
scm

Post by scm »

After disconnecting the OBD device ensure the hazard light switch illumination goes out after about 10 minutes of locking the car, or you could suffer the battery drain effect that some US guys have suffered after a smog test. If that happens you'll need to do a battery reset.
MY18 F-Type V8 R AWD in Glacier White
Lots of leather and toys, and loads of noise!
MikeM

Post by MikeM »

MarkP wrote: Mon Feb 19, 2024 7:17 pm Thanks everyone. I will be able to confirm tomorrow when plug a reader in. I have seen some forums suggesting Jaguar extended warranties on O2 sensors for 10 years from new so if it is this can anyone confirm if O2 sensors have an extended 10 year warranty period in the UK or if thats for other parts of the world only?
Sounds like North America, there are a number of differences with several European car manufacturer’s when trading in the US. Probably as they all have their lawyers on speed dial.
MY21 P450AWD R Dynamic Coupe, Bluefire
simpleR

Post by simpleR »

MarkP wrote: Mon Feb 19, 2024 7:17 pm Thanks everyone. I will be able to confirm tomorrow when plug a reader in. I have seen some forums suggesting Jaguar extended warranties on O2 sensors for 10 years from new so if it is this can anyone confirm if O2 sensors have an extended 10 year warranty period in the UK or if thats for other parts of the world only?
I have had an O2 sensor replaced under Jaguar extended warranty including diagnostic fee etc. No issues.

In fact no issues on any of four claims I have had (O2 sensor, lower control arm as bush had play in it on nearside but changed both but that did need Jaguar to interveen, rear window trim lifting up and new back box for seized valves).

Edit. Good relationship with dealer helped I think.
400 Sport AWD - MY18 - Black
scm

Post by scm »

North America has a 15 year warranty on O2 sensors according to the US forum.

Edit: found this thread (see last post) - 15 years for V6, 10 for V8.

https://www.jaguarforums.com/forum/f-ty ... an-274566/
MY18 F-Type V8 R AWD in Glacier White
Lots of leather and toys, and loads of noise!
Lux37

Post by Lux37 »

I had the engine management light appear when I was last in France in June 23 and thought the same as you that maybe I had not put the filler cap on tighly enough.After 24 hours though the yellow light remained on so used RAC European cover to direct me to a local garage(think it was a Peugeot dealer if I remember rightly)and the lead engineer read the error message which was the O2 sensor and cancelled it out.He took it out for a drive(gave it a decent thrash with me in it!)and through his pigeon English,my poor French and Google translate he explained that he thought it was poor quality fuel despite me using at least 98 at all french fuel stations.The engine management light has never appeared since after plenty of more miles but will get it checked again at its next service at Tom Lenthall in March.
Hope you get to the bottom of the problem quickly and continue to enjoy the car.
2017 SVR Convertible,Caldera Red
MarkP

Post by MarkP »

Thanks everyone. So glad I found this forum after buying the car in November. It does seem O2 sensor is most likely but will know tomorrow. My 1st thought if it is that is to cancel the error and hope it doesnt show up again. If it does show again I will be prepped to try through my warranty. I cannot think it would be poor fuel I have only ever put Shell 99 Ron in it. That the mechanic said fuel quality and fuel cap was off I wonder if moisture got into fuel making it poor quality.

• You may also be interested in...
    Replies
    Views
    Last post