Just Bought an SVR

New to the F-Type Forum? Please introduce yourself here
MikeM

Post by MikeM »

You could have the originals dipped. It’s a cheat but I saw it recently on a cars wheels and body parts and it looked good. Maybe worth a call/quote with these guys.

https://www.wickedcoatings.co.uk/carbon ... g-gallery/
MY21 P450AWD R Dynamic Coupe, Bluefire

MarkP

Post by MarkP »

Thanks, I'lk look into it. Theres alao imitation carbon vents for £349 on Ebay. Not sure if any forum memebers have ever bought them but if so would be good to know if they are worth it or if anyone knows the Jaguar part number so I xan see if I could find originals somewhere (appreciate these would cost a lot).
Eclipse83

Post by Eclipse83 »

She looks very nice, congrats on the purchase.
| MY15 | V6S Coupe | RWD | Italian Racing Red | Perf. Seats & Wheel | Pano Roof |
mitch2.0

Post by mitch2.0 »

simpleR wrote: Tue Nov 07, 2023 11:02 pm Hi and welcome.

Looks like car 45104. Enjoy.
How do you know this ?

If each car has its own number can you get a build spec for each number ?
MarkP

Post by MarkP »

So really cant get changing the bonnet vents out my head. Good suggestion in the thread for carbon dipping, other option is the immitation carbon vents on ebay. I also thought as the wheels, splitter and diffuser are gloss black should I get the current vents sprayed gloss black? The spec on mine has the sides of the wing in gloss black not body colour so thought it could tie in well. What do people think of spraying the vents gloss black?
jagseven

Post by jagseven »

I think gloss black could work - maybe buy a used set of non carbon fibre vents (not sure what they might cost?) and paint those? Means you can go back to colour coded if you change your mind.
The problem with carbon dipping is it never looks quite as good as the real thing.
The eBay imitation vents on eBay look the part but hard to judge the quality from photos. Here is a photo of my OEM carbon vent in case in helps

IMG_0828.jpeg

2019MY F-Type SVR - for fun
2019MY F-Pace SVR - for family duties
MarkP

Post by MarkP »

Wow its gona have to be originals. Will have to wait, the wife is happy I got the car but hit the roof when I said just over 2k for the vents less than a week after I got the car. I'll keep a lookout every day to see if can get them for any less or in future the wife may not notice when I get them.
Andrew24

Post by Andrew24 »

Welcome to the club Mark

Car looks great, love the blue and black combo.
| MY14 | V6S Coupe | RWD | White | Panoramic roof |
MarkP

Post by MarkP »

So nearly 3 months into ownership and have an engine warning light. I have ordered an OBE reader arriving tomorrow to see what it is. No smoke, smells, drives perfect, no strange noises. Obviously could be a number of things. One thing I saw was if fuel filler not fully secured moisture can get in. It wasnt secured fully after filling up last week. Engine light is not clearing after swithingboff and back on few hours later. Was not there few days ago just happened this morning. If anyone has had an engine light without obvious signs as to why please advise. Tomorrow I will see what the reader says it is fingers crossed its just having a bit of a fit.
MikeM

Post by MikeM »

MarkP wrote: Mon Feb 19, 2024 3:16 pm So nearly 3 months into ownership and have an engine warning light. I have ordered an OBE reader arriving tomorrow to see what it is. No smoke, smells, drives perfect, no strange noises. Obviously could be a number of things. One thing I saw was if fuel filler not fully secured moisture can get in. It wasnt secured fully after filling up last week. Engine light is not clearing after swithingboff and back on few hours later. Was not there few days ago just happened this morning. If anyone has had an engine light without obvious signs as to why please advise. Tomorrow I will see what the reader says it is fingers crossed its just having a bit of a fit.
Check your dealer warranty detail, think it has to have a minimum of 3 months?
MY21 P450AWD R Dynamic Coupe, Bluefire

• You may also be interested in...
    Replies
    Views
    Last post