Jag Service Pack pricing vs main dealers pricing

Anything F-Type related......
munchie

Post by munchie »

Hi my car is coming up to 3 years old soon with 10.5k on the clock. Looking at servicing costs (and some forum posts on here) the Jag service pack costs seem cheaper, sometimes by a few hundred quid, then the prices quoted by the main dealers for the same service (strastone, sytner, inchcape).

I don’t know of a local indie in Sheffield and the surrounding areas so having to revert to the main dealer (Wakefield or Nottingham, as Sheffield closed and Derby is still being sorted from the flood).

Has anyone else used the service packs or challenged the main dealers on pricing compared to the price on Jags service pack site? There’s also an afternoon tea incentive on with the Jag service pack too 😀

mickjaguar

Post by mickjaguar »

Elite Performance in Derby is used by a number of people on here.

In terms of the service plan prices, some dealers are signed up to online service booking via Jaguar.co.uk. Which appears to follow the same pricing. My local one doesn't use this, but they thought the service plan was a good idea as they couldn't discount enough. Makes no difference when having the car serviced, other than i have to pay for the MOT.
2019 SVR Coupe, Velocity Blue
Previous 2015 V6 340 Coupe IRR
GBH

Post by GBH »

https://germanautocentre.co.uk/car-serv ... -type-all/

I have taken mine here for the last 2 services. Also recently had MOT and rear brake pads done too.
66 MY 17 Blackberry F Type 340
munchie

Post by munchie »

Thanks for the replies both, the Sheffield Indy (being closer to me), seems the most pragmatic choice :)
GBH

Post by GBH »

https://www.sheffieldprestige.co.uk/service/

There is also this place, though I have never used it.
I go to German Auto as it was recommended by a colleague's husband, who works next door at BMW
66 MY 17 Blackberry F Type 340
Tom Sawyer

Post by Tom Sawyer »

For my last service (144k) Sheffield Prestige were only £40 cheaper than Inchcape Derby, so I stuck with the main dealer - this service included replacement of the supercharger and aux belts - £507 incl' VAT
V8S
Lunar Grey
Viezu Upper Pulley & Remap
596bhp
587lbs/ft / 796Nm
cj10jeeper

Post by cj10jeeper »

Tom Sawyer wrote: Mon Nov 27, 2023 1:08 pm For my last service (144k) Sheffield Prestige were only £40 cheaper than Inchcape Derby, so I stuck with the main dealer - this service included replacement of the supercharger and aux belts - £507 incl' VAT
Lucky you didn't go there last month. It could have cost a lot more :)
2014 MY 3.0 V6S Roadster
Subtle enhancements to create the car I wanted from SVR nose cone, 400 series side skirts & customised 'design' rear bumper, to heated SVR steering wheel and more
MikeM

Post by MikeM »

munchie wrote: Mon Nov 27, 2023 7:34 am Hi my car is coming up to 3 years old soon with 10.5k on the clock. Looking at servicing costs (and some forum posts on here) the Jag service pack costs seem cheaper, sometimes by a few hundred quid, then the prices quoted by the main dealers for the same service (strastone, sytner, inchcape).

I don’t know of a local indie in Sheffield and the surrounding areas so having to revert to the main dealer (Wakefield or Nottingham, as Sheffield closed and Derby is still being sorted from the flood).

Has anyone else used the service packs or challenged the main dealers on pricing compared to the price on Jags service pack site? There’s also an afternoon tea incentive on with the Jag service pack too 😀
My car is also three years old in January with 10k miles. Did some research and spoke with the dealer I would use re the process. They explained that I just need to advise that the car is on a contract plan, they confirm and bill back to the JLR provider. The cost is cheaper than two dealers were quoting as a adhoc service request. So Just today signed up on line to a 3 year plan. I set my first ( cars 3rd) service for April as the second was completed late. I have the contract, the price is fixed and to pay in instalments adds £77 over the period. So total cost for years 3-4-5 is £1465. Thought it’s a no- brainer and I get a free cream tea. See schedule below, the first 3 payments are higher to ensure I have enough credit to cover the first service.

Payment Schedule
1 payment x £155.89 from January 2024
2 payments x £111.49 from February 2024
24 payments x £45.25 from April 2024
Last edited by MikeM on Mon Nov 27, 2023 7:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.
MY21 P450AWD R Dynamic Coupe, Bluefire
Tom Sawyer

Post by Tom Sawyer »

cj10jeeper wrote: Mon Nov 27, 2023 5:07 pm
Tom Sawyer wrote: Mon Nov 27, 2023 1:08 pm For my last service (144k) Sheffield Prestige were only £40 cheaper than Inchcape Derby, so I stuck with the main dealer - this service included replacement of the supercharger and aux belts - £507 incl' VAT
Lucky you didn't go there last month. It could have cost a lot more :)
It was in the week before 🙏
V8S
Lunar Grey
Viezu Upper Pulley & Remap
596bhp
587lbs/ft / 796Nm
munchie

Post by munchie »

MikeM wrote: Mon Nov 27, 2023 6:11 pm
munchie wrote: Mon Nov 27, 2023 7:34 am Hi my car is coming up to 3 years old soon with 10.5k on the clock. Looking at servicing costs (and some forum posts on here) the Jag service pack costs seem cheaper, sometimes by a few hundred quid, then the prices quoted by the main dealers for the same service (strastone, sytner, inchcape).

My car is also three years old in January with 10k miles. Did some research and spoke with the dealer I would use re the process. They explained that I just need to advise that the car is on a contract plan, they confirm and bill back to the JLR provider. The cost is cheaper than two dealers were quoting as a adhoc service request. So Just today signed up on line to a 3 year plan. I set my first ( cars 3rd) service for April as the second was completed late. I have the contract, the price is fixed and to pay in instalments adds £77 over the period. So total cost for years 3-4-5 is £1465. Thought it’s a no- brainer and I get a free cream tea. See schedule below, the first 3 payments are higher to ensure I have enough credit to cover the first service.

Payment Schedule
1 payment x £155.89 from January 2024
2 payments x £111.49 from February 2024
24 payments x £45.25 from April 2024
It is very tempting the problem I have though is the nearest dealer is now 26 miles away either North or South since the local dealer,Sheffield 9 miles away, closed..

• You may also be interested in...
    Replies
    Views
    Last post