Anyone had the modstock V8 R exhaust mod?

Anything F-Type related......
Djayswitch

Post by Djayswitch »

Im after some opinions and possibly some before and after clips to compare sound with people who have had the modstock exhaust mod on their V8 Rs? Does this mess with the valve system at all?

Been speaking to modstock but theyre very slow at replying to my emails so hopefully get better responses from some of you guys on here! Any information about the mod is welcome. Cheers.

Jimmyrn85

Post by Jimmyrn85 »

Yea I do, where are you based? Sounds the same on phone videos, but it's slightly deeper, better at low volume than before.

It's just raised slightly all round. I've had it approx a year, defo worth it for me.
2017 R
South East Cornwall
Tom Sawyer

Post by Tom Sawyer »

I’ve been exchanging emails with Chris at Modstock the last few days and he’s been extremely quick in replying. Even got an approx quote, a brief explanation of what they do although he won’t divulge too much and is prepared to come to South Yorks to do it, also advised me that they do belt changes/remaps as DAE and Viezu do
V8S
Lunar Grey
Viezu Upper Pulley & Remap
596bhp
587lbs/ft / 796Nm
Djayswitch

Post by Djayswitch »

Yeh its ok ive spoke to chris this week, he told me to look at their insta page to find clips of v8 modstock exhausts but all i can find is v6s and the newer v8s (post 2017) which have quieter exhausts anyway so not a direct comparison to my MY2016. How much does the mod to the exhaust cost roughly guys?

Also chris has said i could get 200 cell cats, upper supercharger pulley and tune done , however if they do this at my house they arent going to be able to dyno it so i dont see how they can tune it properley? Anyone got any thoughts?
Tom Sawyer

Post by Tom Sawyer »

Hopefully Chris won’t mind me saying, but he’s quoted me £350 plus VAT plus travel expenses, very cheap compared to a new exhaust!
V8S
Lunar Grey
596bhp
587lbs/ft / 796Nm
scm

Post by scm »

Tom Sawyer wrote: Sat Dec 02, 2023 9:38 pm Hopefully Chris won’t mind me saying, but he’s quoted me £350 plus VAT plus travel expenses, very cheap compared to a new exhaust!
You don't know how expensive his travel arrangements are, though! :lol:
MY18 F-Type V8 R AWD in Glacier White
Lots of leather and toys, and loads of noise!
Tom Sawyer

Post by Tom Sawyer »

scm wrote: Sat Dec 02, 2023 11:24 pm
Tom Sawyer wrote: Sat Dec 02, 2023 9:38 pm Hopefully Chris won’t mind me saying, but he’s quoted me £350 plus VAT plus travel expenses, very cheap compared to a new exhaust!
You don't know how expensive his travel arrangements are, though! :lol:
He actually did give me a number, it’s not much at all so I presume he has people based up here who will do the work for him
V8S
Lunar Grey
596bhp
587lbs/ft / 796Nm
Delpel

Post by Delpel »

I'm up in Humberside so I'm hoping we can time multiple visits and kill two birds with one stone so to speak.
Tom Sawyer

Post by Tom Sawyer »

I did tell him there were probably more owners up here that would be interested

I’ve said I’ll get back in contact in January
V8S
Lunar Grey
596bhp
587lbs/ft / 796Nm
Timbo

Post by Timbo »

I personnally wouldn't trust any tuning work being done on my drive, exhaust mods fair enough but not tuning.
Firesand Coupe R
Vossen HF-3 Satin Bronze
SVR Rear Spoiler
H&R springs
Oem Project 7 grill
VAP tune, upper and lower pulleys,
200 cell cats, induction kit.
Supersprint cat back valved back box
Loud, very loud lol
650-660 bhp

• You may also be interested in...
    Replies