Jaguar dealers closing in 2024

Non F-Type related topics... Have a look inside!
Millwheel

Post by Millwheel »

Checking a service booking today I find that my Jaguar dealer in Taunton will be closing next year - it seems in anticipation of the not hotly awaited transition of Jaguar to budget busting EVs, Jaguar will only have 18 dealers in the whole of the UK in 2025, from I believe 92 now. The pompous “House of Brands” for the RR/Discovery/Defender products will fully take over surviving premises. So what will happen to Jaguar service and warranty support? As JLR are still actively selling Jaguar vehicles there will be a considerable legacy of vehicles to look after - or not. The assumption I suppose is that the House of Brands will still look after Jaguar cars - for a while, anyway. We need clarity on this, especially as regards extended Jaguar warranties from next year. Does anyone have any more information? Looks like good indies will be busy, assuming they can get spares.

mono-uk

Post by mono-uk »

Cov dealership has gone/going anything Jag now will be at the Land Rover dealership up the road
Current: Black MY16 V8R AWD F-Type Convertible, Blade wheels, Exterior Black Pack
Previous: Black MY15 V6S F-Type Convertible, Blade wheels
Lunar

Post by Lunar »

Ahh, you’ve got one of them 4wd Jags - we’ll be sure to check your free-wheeling hubs 👍
MY14 "S" badged V6 Convertible in Lunar Grey metallic
Performance seats, Meridian, heated flat bottom wheel with aluminium paddles, heated front screen, cruise, dual zone climate, switchable active exhaust
Lunar

Post by Lunar »

I wonder if Inchcape Derby did a rain dance 🤔
MY14 "S" badged V6 Convertible in Lunar Grey metallic
Performance seats, Meridian, heated flat bottom wheel with aluminium paddles, heated front screen, cruise, dual zone climate, switchable active exhaust
simpleR

Post by simpleR »

It was announced earlier in the year that JLR dealerships containing Jaguar would be reduced to under 20 from 80+ from 2024.

The Jaguar flagships remaining will likely be the new dual arch buildings, like Derby when it dries out, but there was rumours of Jaguar opening some Jaguar only franchises as well.

Whoever decided to make Jaguar an electric only, £100k+ brand in the middle of a cost of living crisis, with no dealerships, lack of parts and poor customer services/support from remaining dealerships really needs there head examining. It could be the end of the brand if the LR ever decided to abandon the J especially with government extending the petrol sales to 2035. That is 10 years of pain for Jaguar now.

Electric is not the answer for cars. They should of stayed true to their heritage and developed better engines with mild hybrid/battery running for city centres and synthetic carbon neutral fuels.

Just my opinion
400 Sport AWD - MY18 - Black
scm

Post by scm »

Millwheel wrote: Fri Dec 01, 2023 8:48 pmSo what will happen to Jaguar service and warranty support?
AIUI, the LR dealers will still do servicing and warranty work on existing Jaguars, they just won't be selling new ones.
MY18 F-Type V8 R AWD in Glacier White
Lots of leather and toys, and loads of noise!
scm

Post by scm »

simpleR wrote: Fri Dec 01, 2023 10:40 pm Electric is not the answer for cars. They should of stayed true to their heritage and developed better engines with mild hybrid/battery running for city centres and synthetic carbon neutral fuels.

Just my opinion
A good opinion, too! Big batteries aren't a green solution, especially considering the hazard a thermal runaway presents.
munchie

Post by munchie »

My local Jag dealer in Sheffield closed down 8 weeks ago, I’m having to book my service in at the local Landrover dealership.
Moss

Post by Moss »

simpleR wrote: Fri Dec 01, 2023 10:40 pm It was announced earlier in the year that JLR dealerships containing Jaguar would be reduced to under 20 from 80+ from 2024.

The Jaguar flagships remaining will likely be the new dual arch buildings, like Derby when it dries out, but there was rumours of Jaguar opening some Jaguar only franchises as well.

Whoever decided to make Jaguar an electric only, £100k+ brand in the middle of a cost of living crisis, with no dealerships, lack of parts and poor customer services/support from remaining dealerships really needs there head examining. It could be the end of the brand if the LR ever decided to abandon the J especially with government extending the petrol sales to 2035. That is 10 years of pain for Jaguar now.

Electric is not the answer for cars. They should of stayed true to their heritage and developed better engines with mild hybrid/battery running for city centres and synthetic carbon neutral fuels.

Just my opinion
Totally agree.
Some decisions have been made which I believe will regrettably mean the Jaguar brand cannot recover from. I hope I am wrong from a lot of peoples’ sakes.
SVR Coupe in Ammonite.
scm

Post by scm »

simpleR wrote: Fri Dec 01, 2023 10:40 pm Whoever decided to make Jaguar an electric only, £100k+ brand in the middle of a cost of living crisis, with no dealerships, lack of parts and poor customer services/support from remaining dealerships really needs there head examining. It could be the end of the brand if the LR ever decided to abandon the J especially with government extending the petrol sales to 2035. That is 10 years of pain for Jaguar now.
It's the XJ220 all over again - design a new supercar when a fuel crisis hits!

• You may also be interested in...
    Replies
    Views
    Last post