Fuse 15

Anything F-Type related......
Dynamic Dek

Post by Dynamic Dek »

It is easy to see if the valves are open or closed, look into the exhaust pipes :idea: :idea:
On my MY21 with electronic valves, I checked that the valves were open then pulled Fuse 15. ( engine and ignition was off)
When starting the engine, the valves are open for a few seconds then they close.
At idle I can open or close the valves.
P450 21MY Firenze Red

scm

Post by scm »

What does "engine set to track" mean? DSC off, or dynamic mode? Or something, Else. :)
MY18 F-Type V8 R AWD in Glacier White
Lots of leather and toys, and loads of noise!
Lady Eleanore

Post by Lady Eleanore »

scm wrote: Wed Feb 21, 2024 6:40 pm What does "engine set to track" mean? DSC off, or dynamic mode? Or something, Else. :)
Well the symbol has a chequered flag and the individual adjustment uses a crash helmet, so I assumed it was called track, plus my M3 had Sport + (or was that track) and so the list goes on. Why not call things, slow, medium and fast, then my small brain can spend more time trying not to crash and less worrying about the terminology of the switchgear :) Anyhoo its the default 'max attack switch) which if left alone in the settings menu, give sharper throttle (and a bit more noise), 'Dynamic steering/gearshift and suspension.

It's the best setting for when the window is wound down :) which is pretty much whenever it isn't raining.

I think 'wet' (ie 'slow) alters the torque split of the 4wd and softens off the throttle as well as changing up gear earlier.
My real name is Amanda, the username is a reference to my favourite band :)
scm

Post by scm »

Unless you're in rain/snow mode the AWD is predominantly RWD unless the car thinks a bit of front power will help you stay on the road. I think by "track" you mean dynamic mode which alters the engine, suspension, steering and gearbox (although if you have configurable dynamics you can switch them to "normal/confort"). As you've observed, it turns the car into a bit of a hooligan. :)
MY18 F-Type V8 R AWD in Glacier White
Lots of leather and toys, and loads of noise!

• You may also be interested in...
    Replies
    Views
    Last post