Drove a Jaguar XKR for the First Time !

Non F-Type related topics... Have a look inside!
Lunar

Post by Lunar »

Plenty of blue and black ones but this IRR XKR-S does catch the eye 😎

https://www.pistonheads.com/buy/listing/15963167
MY14 "S" badged V6 Convertible in Lunar Grey metallic
Performance seats, Meridian, heated flat bottom wheel with aluminium paddles, heated front screen, cruise, dual zone climate, switchable active exhaust

Moss

Post by Moss »

scm wrote: Sat Jan 27, 2024 2:15 pm Here's a shot of my Kyanite Blue (fantastic colour!) 2010 XKR on the day I test drove it.
Talking of Kyanite, here’s my pre delivery among the brambles…

IMG_0476.jpeg

SVR Coupe in Ammonite.
scm

Post by scm »

Lux37 wrote: Sat Jan 27, 2024 6:47 pm They do call it a cheap man's Aston!
You've got that the wrong way round - the Aston is the rich man's Jag. The Jag is superior to the Aston in every way except the badge. ;)
MY18 F-Type V8 R AWD in Glacier White
Lots of leather and toys, and loads of noise!
santoshlv426

Post by santoshlv426 »

There's so many great XKR's people have parted with.

This is the one I drove

https://www.autotrader.co.za/car-for-sa ... &pr=5&po=1
F Type 5.0L V8 RWD 2016
Rhodium Silver

MajorTom

Post by MajorTom »

And if someone on the continent is looking for an XKR here's what at least used to be a peach 155 000 km ago. :)

https://www.luxauto.lu/fr/occasion/jagu ... id=1299769
MY18 V6S R-Dynamic coupé RWD with about every toy and option you could get
BRG, design black pack, 20" carbon blades, pano, full Sienna tan interior with performance seats...
Deleted User 4828

Post by Deleted User 4828 »

Why do we do it to ourselves? You hear a lot of people selling and buying cars back years later :) I miss my VXR's (J version) the running gear on the car with PS 3's at the time was superb, so underated. The steering feedback for a hydraulic system was the best I had expereience compared to non assisted. I could drive those cars by the feel on butt cheeks. I would never buy a second hand one though, heck, I wouldn't buy a performance car from me. I did like to do what they said on the tin!
scm

Post by scm »

Every Jag I've bought has been an upgrade so I wouldn't go back to a previous one. The only things I miss about my XKR is the colour and back "seats" which were a handy storage area. I suppose they were also suitable for carrying drunks who were legless!

I pretend I downgraded to the F-Type as it's smaller amd more fuel efficient than the XKR. :)
MY18 F-Type V8 R AWD in Glacier White
Lots of leather and toys, and loads of noise!
Cluck

Post by Cluck »

First Jag I ever drove was an XKR. Father had been invited to a 'drive all our Jags' event at Marshall's in Cambridge, so we trotted off, got handed the key to whatever car they had available and given a route to 'enjoy'. I'd never driven anything more powerful than a hot-hatch to that point, never been in an automatic and never heard a supercharger before. It was an exhilirating experience and probably laid the groundwork towards buying the F-Type some 20+ years later. I had a few customers with one and I always found myself stopping and staring at their car before heading into their house. As an Aston owner once told me

"My hubby's 911 Turbo is a better car to drive, it's FAR cheaper to run, it rarely goes wrong, but it's just a 911. I leave the house 5 minutes earlier than I need to, every single day, just so that I can stare at my Aston before I set off"

(or words to that effect)
MY21 F-Type P450 R Dynamic in Portofino Blue, Black Exterior Pack, Performance Seats, Suede headlining (with Blur as support act)

• You may also be interested in...
    Replies
    Views
    Last post