你好 from Hong Kong!

New to the F-Type Forum? Please introduce yourself here
Dabk

Post by Dabk »

Hi everyone,

Long time lurker here! Having just picked up my F Type, I thought it time to introduce myself. I’ve spent countless hours on this forum in anticipation of my purchase and the information has been invaluable!

After a disastrously expensive 3.5 years running a Gallardo LP560, I decided it was time to be “sensible” and get myself into something that wouldn’t give me crushing anxiety every time I heard the slightest noise. Being a long time F Type fan, the plan was the find an R, alas these are incredibly rare here in Hong Kong and none have come to the market in the last 8 months. However, I managed to find a lovely low mileage 2016 V6S, and I must say - first impressions are very, very good. The cabin is delightful and the noise is symphonic!

I have a huge list of plans for this car, mainly as a result of to spending too much time on this forum :lol:

Unfortunately though, the first thing I’m going to be doing is replacing my windscreen, after being hit by a stone during a spirited drive this morning resulted in a huge crack :(

I look forward to sharing my experiences with this little thing, and continuing to lap up all the tips and advice you all so kindly provide.

Cheers,
David

IMG_4446.jpeg

Lunar

Post by Lunar »

Welcome lurker David! 😉

I’m sure you’ll find the F so much more economical in the smiles per $ stakes.

Be sure to get the screen carefully replaced and things recalibrated.

Let us know of any mods you carry out 😎
MY14 "S" badged V6 Convertible in Lunar Grey metallic
Performance seats, Meridian, heated flat bottom wheel with aluminium paddles, heated front screen, cruise, dual zone climate, switchable active exhaust
MajorTom

Post by MajorTom »

Welcome to the club! Great photo of a great looking car there. So what's on the mods list?
MY18 V6S R-Dynamic coupé RWD with about every toy and option you could get
BRG, design black pack, 20" carbon blades, pano, full Sienna tan interior with performance seats...
Deleted User 4828

Post by Deleted User 4828 »

Hi There and great looking Jag! Sorry to hear about the windscreen.

Look forward to reading about your ventures into your mods.

All the best & enjoy!!
Dabk

Post by Dabk »

Thank you Lunar, MajorTom and Clymout!

Yeah will be sure to get it done properly - luckily I have some windscreen cover but not too sure how my insurer will feel about having to pay a claim within the first 48 hours of my policy - let’s see. JLR are going to come back to me with pricing on Monday.

The planned mods list is rather extensive and in a perpetual state of flux atm - for instance, I had Eibach springs on order, but discovered the car can barely make it out of my car park on the standard suspension! (That’s one area Gallardo had the edge with its nose-lift).

Aesthetically I would like to get the P7 grille (planning to have a crack at making my own with the E-Pace grille as a few have managed here), skirts and probably remove the wrap. As much as I like the “crayon” colour, I’m not a fan of the stripe - which can’t be removed as it hides a join in the wrap. The colour underneath is Ammonite Grey (paint code 1AB). Some forged rims and fresh rubber are also on the to-do list.

Performance wise, I’ll be going down the Velocity AP crank pulley + tune route, although I plan to get to grips with the cars current performance dynamics first. Air filters will be next and potentially an exhaust, but still figuring out which set-up to go with at the moment.

I’ll also be getting an Apple CarPlay module installed - deciding whether to get this as the ‘box’ which utilises the existing screen or opting for an aftermarket 10” solution. Seems there are some 10” screen options available for the pre-2017 cars but I’ve not been able to find any first hand reviews yet.

Photos show the clearance I have in my carpark 😅

IMG_4411.jpeg

IMG_4407.jpeg

IMG_4409.jpeg

MajorTom

Post by MajorTom »

That does look a bit tight. The lowest bit under the front splitter is rather soft and can withstand some scraping. I've scraped mine loads of times. I wonder if removing it would mess up some aero.

Being a V6S and if you're enjoying the exhaust noise a great first 5 minute mod is to plug the symposer. Will make those Sunday morning drives even more enjoyable. :)
MY18 V6S R-Dynamic coupé RWD with about every toy and option you could get
BRG, design black pack, 20" carbon blades, pano, full Sienna tan interior with performance seats...
Moss

Post by Moss »

Nice looker. Welcome 👍
SVR Coupe in Ammonite.
NavigatorNI

Post by NavigatorNI »

Hi and welcome.

Hopefully your change of windscreen goes more smoothly than mine did, viewtopic.php?t=6610&start=10
I'd recommend checking for any DTC's before you start and after the job is finished.

I'm sure you'll enjoy the car though.
V6S Coupé, RWD, MY16
Salsa Red
20" Turbine silver alloys
Lots of extras
Lots of noise
Lots of smiles :D :D :D
Deleted User 4828

Post by Deleted User 4828 »

I think the grey wrap on the car looks awesome! Looks really good quality. I would certainly think twice about keeping it, especially during any major upgrades, after all it is protecting the original paint.

Have you tried reversing out of the car park :)
Dabk

Post by Dabk »

Thanks all!

@MajorTom - thanks for the tip on the symposer - will be doing that asap!

@NavigatorNI - sorry to hear about your windscreen issues. I’m hoping that getting it done by JLR will avoid encountering issues like those 🤞🏼

@Clymout - I think that would be a bit tricky over 4 floors (7 ramps 😅). However I seem to have perfected the ‘angle of approach’ and managed to make it down with no scraping today. Hopefully some slightly bigger wheels will also help.