A Near miss in the Jag last Sept

Anything F-Type related......
cj10jeeper

Post by cj10jeeper »

Well it's a no brainer for me. The number of times over the years when I have avoided a situation that could have resulted in damage to my car and need for claim evidence, vastly outweighs the small possibility of let's say a self-induced error.
Too many people these days tailgating, messaging and making big errors that could result in damage to my car and 50:50 claims without evidence. Bumps in carparks too.

My ultimate 'catch' is from the rear camera of my iX3 that recorded a numpty behind the car trying to break into my garage. The footage assisted police in an arrest after he and his mate 'worked' the street avoiding house cams and Ring doorbells.

As an aside the latest gen cars like the iX3 have 360 degree cameras constantly recording the last and next 10, 20, 30 seconds before and after any event, or manually tripped on, so you can tap 'save' and later really review a full surround video of an incident.
2014 MY 3.0 V6S Roadster
Subtle enhancements to create the car I wanted from SVR nose cone, 400 series side skirts & customised 'design' rear bumper, to heated SVR steering wheel and more

Deleted User 4828

Post by Deleted User 4828 »

Nice, invaluable in such circumstances!
stefan9107

Post by stefan9107 »

cj10jeeper wrote: Tue Jan 30, 2024 10:53 am Well it's a no brainer for me. The number of times over the years when I have avoided a situation that could have resulted in damage to my car and need for claim evidence, vastly outweighs the small possibility of let's say a self-induced error.
Too many people these days tailgating, messaging and making big errors that could result in damage to my car and 50:50 claims without evidence. Bumps in carparks too.

My ultimate 'catch' is from the rear camera of my iX3 that recorded a numpty behind the car trying to break into my garage. The footage assisted police in an arrest after he and his mate 'worked' the street avoiding house cams and Ring doorbells.

As an aside the latest gen cars like the iX3 have 360 degree cameras constantly recording the last and next 10, 20, 30 seconds before and after any event, or manually tripped on, so you can tap 'save' and later really review a full surround video of an incident.
That reminds me of one that slipped my mind completely whilst talking about how I'm all for them.

I had a seperate battery for parked recording on my Golf R. I lived in a flat at the time and it was in the car park facing the entrance to the block. The camera picked up a blood soaked boyfriend of one of my neighbours leaving the scene after slashing her throat and stabbing her 40 times... somehow she survived and would you believe he got found innocent of attempted murder and guilty of grievous bodily harm. Slit throat and stabbed 40 times... not attempted murder apparently... good to know in future in case the Mrs pisses me off :lol:
F-Type R Coupe AWD (MY2016) - Dark Sapphire
Eclipse83

Post by Eclipse83 »

Not wanting to jump on the taxi-driver stereotype, but....

Glad both sets of brakes work.
| MY15 | V6S Coupe | RWD | Italian Racing Red | Perf. Seats & Wheel | Pano Roof |
Kev

Post by Kev »

stefan9107 wrote: Tue Jan 30, 2024 1:59 pmThat reminds me of one that slipped my mind completely whilst talking about how I'm all for them.

I had a seperate battery for parked recording on my Golf R. I lived in a flat at the time and it was in the car park facing the entrance to the block. The camera picked up a blood soaked boyfriend of one of my neighbours leaving the scene after slashing her throat and stabbing her 40 times... somehow she survived and would you believe he got found innocent of attempted murder and guilty of grievous bodily harm. Slit throat and stabbed 40 times... not attempted murder apparently... good to know in future in case the Mrs pisses me off :lol:
Was it Sir Bob Massingbird, the solicitor requested in episode two of Blackadder Goes Forth, one of whose previous cases included convincing a jury that a man who had a bloody knife in front of a dead man, who was seen stabbing the man in front of 13 people and said "I'm glad I killed the bastard" was innocent?
MY18 V6S AWD P400 Santorini Black
MY16 V6S AWD British Racing Green (Rejected)
stefan9107

Post by stefan9107 »

Kev wrote: Tue Jan 30, 2024 3:48 pm
stefan9107 wrote: Tue Jan 30, 2024 1:59 pmThat reminds me of one that slipped my mind completely whilst talking about how I'm all for them.

Was it Sir Bob Massingbird, the solicitor requested in episode two of Blackadder Goes Forth, one of whose previous cases included convincing a jury that a man who had a bloody knife in front of a dead man, who was seen stabbing the man in front of 13 people and said "I'm glad I killed the bastard" was innocent?
:lol: Either that or the jury foreman was Baldrick
F-Type R Coupe AWD (MY2016) - Dark Sapphire