Deposit down - exciting times

Jaguar F-Type Order Forum
Roo

Post by Roo »

Cheers for all the pointers over the past month! This is such an amazing community.
Its been a fun ride refreshing autotrader daily and chasing VIN's, service details, and trying to spot any facebook images from Goodwood and Fen Ends days :)

Hopefully I'll be joining the Jag club this weekend. Put a deposit down on KR22 TDU.

Gone way over my budget, but it had 90% of what I wanted. Wasn't my first choice of colour (White), but it looks stunning in Black (very batmobile :))

So fingers crossed I wont be spamming this part of the forum much longer with "can you check this" posts.
But if you do have any horror stories relating to this reg, please, please, please let me know before the weekend.

With any luck my next post will be some shiny pictures of the new beast!

Whooop
MY22 - R Dynamic 450 AWD - Batmobile Black - Dynamic daily, Paddles at the weekend!

Andrew24

Post by Andrew24 »

very exciting, What engine/model did you choose?

Waiting to see some shiny pictures.
| MY14 | V6S Coupe | RWD | White | Panoramic roof |
Roo

Post by Roo »

Went for the 450 AWD, 2022 facelift model.

It was tricky as I started the journey with all eyes on the R, but the extra 10K was just too much to justify. I only just managed to get this one under the grounds-for-divorce radar :)

But I did manage to get most things on my tick list - black pack, performance seats, pano roof, upgraded sound system.... although that surround sound is never likely to be on. Too busy listening to that V8!
MY22 - R Dynamic 450 AWD - Batmobile Black - Dynamic daily, Paddles at the weekend!
MikeM

Post by MikeM »

Roo wrote: Tue Feb 06, 2024 5:33 pm Went for the 450 AWD, 2022 facelift model.

It was tricky as I started the journey with all eyes on the R, but the extra 10K was just too much to justify. I only just managed to get this one under the grounds-for-divorce radar :)

But I did manage to get most things on my tick list - black pack, performance seats, pano roof, upgraded sound system.... although that surround sound is never likely to be on. Too busy listening to that V8!
Hatfields? Think you’ve done okay there, plenty of warranty, good spec and a far better price than my own, bought four months back 😖. Enjoy 👍
MY21 P450AWD R Dynamic Coupe, Bluefire
Roo

Post by Roo »

Hatfields? Think you’ve done okay there, plenty of warranty, good spec and a far better price than my own, bought four months back 😖. Enjoy 👍
[/quote]

Yeah, it was Hatfields Wakefield. Hopefully it’s as good as it looks on paper :)

Been super nerdy and even made a spreadsheet to track the various 450’s over the past month. Seems decent for the spec and age.

Sure yours is a wonderful thing too :) I figure once I buy it I’ll never look at autotrader again! Not sure how much more these will drop, but hoping they become collectible eventually. Sure plan on keeping mine for a long long time.
jagseven

Post by jagseven »

Congratulations- hope the pick up goes well.
If you’re like me you’ll not stop looking at Autotrader - I still do 12 months after picking up my car (although not sure why)!
2019MY F-Type SVR - for fun
2019MY F-Pace SVR - for family duties
MikeM

Post by MikeM »

jagseven wrote: Wed Feb 07, 2024 3:43 pm Congratulations- hope the pick up goes well.
If you’re like me you’ll not stop looking at Autotrader - I still do 12 months after picking up my car (although not sure why)!
Your not alone there, but hope I can stop soon 🙄 😂😂
MY21 P450AWD R Dynamic Coupe, Bluefire
Dynamic Dek

Post by Dynamic Dek »

MikeM wrote: Wed Feb 07, 2024 5:23 pm
jagseven wrote: Wed Feb 07, 2024 3:43 pm Congratulations- hope the pick up goes well.
That reminds me, I haven't looked for a couple of weeks :-)
P450 21MY Firenze Red
JKFTYPE

Post by JKFTYPE »

Dynamic Dek wrote: Wed Feb 07, 2024 5:45 pm
MikeM wrote: Wed Feb 07, 2024 5:23 pm
That reminds me, I haven't looked for a couple of weeks :-)
Guilty here too!
It's like looking at the stock market - keeping an eye on the investment while looking for validation when nothing of better value subsequently crops up on AT to piss on the bonfire!
Roo

Post by Roo »

hahaha I did actually notice that Sytner Jaguar have an R thats shot up in price since xmas. Pretty sure it was 58K early Jan, then nudged up to 59K last week, and now its up to 62,500.

So effectively gone from Great to Good to Fair in a month. Maybe they're trying to start a gold rush :)

• You may also be interested in...
    Replies
    Views
    Last post