Selling my basically brand new seats and switch’s

For Sale & Wanted Forum
Supersyd

Post by Supersyd »

Hi all
Unfortunately my f type has now got a seised engine so I am selling my seats.
I only fitted these less then 150 miles ago.
So there from a 2019 limited edition anniversary model released with limited numbers.
Story to the seats is in 2019 a 4x4 company close to my location brought this set brand new from Jaguar to use as there prototype design for a custom build defender seat, we then went into lockdown and that got held back, now they have finished the project they listed the seats for sale so I snapped there arm off. There were never fitted to a car just used for design and dimensions. I had to buy new switch’s from Jaguar to install in my door cards I will include these if needed, they cost £528 for the pair of switches.
The seats are immaculate as you can see
They have now been removed this morning and are ready to be sold.
Please no silly offers

IMG_3448.jpeg

IMG_1430.jpeg

jonm

Post by jonm »

Are these seats heated?
Also how did you manage the sieze the engine, these units are usually solid?
My16 F-Type V6 340
Supersyd

Post by Supersyd »

Yes fully heated forgot to mention that.
These v6 units aren’t solid at all there terrible for engine failure just google it. The cranks are shocking along with the built in pump for failure that causes the engine to not stay lubed and then fails within a couple of miles.
Lunar

Post by Lunar »

Hi Supersyd,

I might be interested in these.
How much are you asking for them and where are you located?
They appear to be perforated - are they just heated, or cooled also?

Thanks.
MY14 "S" badged V6 Convertible in Lunar Grey metallic
Performance seats, Meridian, heated flat bottom wheel with aluminium paddles, heated front screen, cruise, dual zone climate, switchable active exhaust
Supersyd

Post by Supersyd »

I’m based in Taunton Somerset, where are you based?
Price wise they cost me £1750 plus switches but I’m open to a decent offer as I need to re coop some money on the car.
Yes they are both heat and air cooled if you have that option in your model.
What price would you have in mind thanks
Lunar

Post by Lunar »

I’m down the M3 in Frimley.

I’ll PM you.
Performance seats, Meridian, heated flat bottom wheel with aluminium paddles, heated front screen, cruise, dual zone climate, switchable active exhaust
scm

Post by scm »

Lunar wrote: Thu Feb 08, 2024 1:35 pm They appear to be perforated - are they just heated, or cooled also?
If they have perforated leather (which they do) they'll be using Peltier cells to provide heating and cooling, rather than an electric heating element.
MY18 F-Type V8 R AWD in Glacier White
Lots of leather and toys, and loads of noise!
Lunar

Post by Lunar »

Cheers scm 👍
gasgas

Post by gasgas »

do you know if the car will need re-programming to take them and make them work?
cj10jeeper

Post by cj10jeeper »

gasgas wrote: Thu Feb 08, 2024 5:25 pm do you know if the car will need re-programming to take them and make them work?
Happy to be corrected on F Type seat swaps, but I’d expect you’’d need a different harness set and programming to get them to work given that the 2 types require completely different control systems. Even then it may not work at all.
I have experience doing an identical type of swap on an XF from heat pads to peltier and solved it only by fitting the old heat pads into the seats and ignoring the peltier based system. Then, had to reconstruct the seat connectors to mix and match old and new.
2014 MY 3.0 V6S Roadster
Subtle enhancements to create the car I wanted from SVR nose cone, 400 series side skirts & customised 'design' rear bumper, to heated SVR steering wheel and more

• You may also be interested in...
    Replies
    Views
    Last post