Ketchup & Mustard

Post pictures of your Jaguar FType here!
NaCl

Post by NaCl »

From the Cars & Coffee meet at Podium Place in Newbury, last weekend.

I personally think the LC500 is Japan's F-Type :)

20240211_101903.jpg

20240211_102230.jpg

20240211_102553.jpg

20240211_102916.jpg

V6S RWD Coupé (MY16)
Italian Racing Red w/Black Pack & Pano-roof
Loads of toys & goodies... but no heated seats :?:

WShudds

Post by WShudds »

Incredibly beautiful cars. I don't recall seeing an LC500 in person. Curiously, I'm on a family holiday in Dubai this week and have seen a few Mustangs, Ferraris, McLarens but no F-type yet and no Japanese sports cars on the roads either 🤷. The F-type would ride so nicely on these smooth roads and I'd love to hear mine roar through the tunnel that leads to The Palm.
MY18 Manual :o P340 R-Dynamic RWD Coupe, Caldera Red on 19˝ Centrifuge wheels. Pzero. Mods: Reverse camera, interior/puddle lights and tinted windows.
MajorTom

Post by MajorTom »

I also ended up next to one of those at a car meet last summer and have seen a few in the flesh before. To me it's more of a Toyota XK, being a bit more of a larger and lardier V8 GT. The interior is lovely if well specced but I'm a bit baffled by some car reviewers' rave about its looks. Guess I'm in a minority but I think it has great proportions and some nice angles but also that it's over designed and I just couldn't live with that face.

The ketchup is soo much better looking. :)

513.jpg

825.jpg

MY18 V6S R-Dynamic coupé RWD with about every toy and option you could get
BRG, design black pack, 20" carbon blades, pano, full Sienna tan interior with performance seats...
scm

Post by scm »

MajorTom wrote: Sun Feb 11, 2024 11:28 am... but I'm a bit baffled by some car reviewers' rave about its looks. Guess I'm in a minority but I think it has great proportions and some nice angles but also that it's over designed and I just couldn't live with that face.
Welcome to my minority! :lol:
MY18 F-Type V8 R AWD in Glacier White
Lots of leather and toys, and loads of noise!
MajorTom

Post by MajorTom »

scm wrote: Sun Feb 11, 2024 11:38 am
MajorTom wrote: Sun Feb 11, 2024 11:28 am... but I'm a bit baffled by some car reviewers' rave about its looks. Guess I'm in a minority but I think it has great proportions and some nice angles but also that it's over designed and I just couldn't live with that face.
Welcome to my minority! :lol:
:lol:
BRG, design black pack, 20" carbon blades, pano, full Sienna tan interior with performance seats...
Keith666

Post by Keith666 »

Not so keen on the mustard :D
Reims Edition,MY21, French racing blue, pano roof, 20” Black spoke Wheels, heated this and that, dual climate, Union jag pack.
Previous P250 R Dynamic XE
MajorTom

Post by MajorTom »

It does look better when it's not in mustard though and the interior in the right colour does get my thumbs up. I guess this is some kind of facelift and the colour helps hiding some of the worst wrinkles. :)

10.jpg

33.jpg

Lunar

Post by Lunar »

You must have been later getting there.

Went at opening time and the cafe certainly got busy. Nice to see them roasting their own sacks of coffee beans and we had a tour of the members area round the back, with about 6 XJS’s being prepped for some new race series I think.

Nice V12 Vantage

IMG_2982.jpeg

MY14 "S" badged V6 Convertible in Lunar Grey metallic
Performance seats, Meridian, heated flat bottom wheel with aluminium paddles, heated front screen, cruise, dual zone climate, switchable active exhaust
Moss

Post by Moss »

Back to Ketchup & Mustard - I looked hard and considered the Lexus model, before I settled on the F.
As Major T remarks, they’ve broadly got the proportions on the mark, but simply overdone the styling for styling’s sake? Too many fiddly and unnecessary details makes the Lexus look overworked and busy.
Alongside the likes of the LC500 styling - the F Type carries its age incredibly well.
SVR Coupe in Ammonite.
stefan9107

Post by stefan9107 »

I really like the LC500 except the headlights, and I'd say it's styling is accurate to the brand and nationality of the manufacturer. Japanese cars always tend to be a bit... out there, styling wise. It's was one of the biggest factors in me choosing a Golf R over the Civic Type R back in 2017. The Type R at the time looked like someone had crashed it into a Halfords whereas the Golf R was understated.

The Jag is definitely going to age better though and has a more timeless classic look to it.
F-Type R Coupe AWD (MY2016) - Dark Sapphire