From a 981 Cayman S to a P450

New to the F-Type Forum? Please introduce yourself here
MajorTom

Post by MajorTom »

Welcome! Very interesting writeup there which confirms my views or shall we say prejudices about Porsches.

Although I'm an utter petrol head I strangely enough always found Porsches completely uninteresting and never even entertained the thought of trying one. I expect them to be brilliantly engineered and excellent for hard driving, I know people who love them, but I struggle to see anything exciting about the brand or the cars no matter if it's a base Boxter or some top of the range 911 GT3 blabla. I guess it doesn't help that I see loads of them every day, can't bring myself to seeing anything pretty about that evolved beetle design and that they're considered as the Golf for the higher earners in this part of the world. :P Plus that the company feels way too fat and happy and the cars so overpriced.

I suppose they're exciting for those who care about numbers, panel gaps and ring lap times. Character and to a certain extent exclusivity is what makes the difference and that's where no Porsche cuts the mustard like a Jag.

That old blue Boxter from that angle, in that light, with those wheels actually looks good though!
MY18 V6S R-Dynamic coupé RWD with about every toy and option you could get
BRG, design black pack, 20" carbon blades, pano, full Sienna tan interior with performance seats...

Lady Eleanore

Post by Lady Eleanore »

Great comparison. The Cayman has been on my wish list for years, just never seemed to have the money when I could actually get a hold of one.

I should write up how my F type differs from my previous M3 and in many ways it mirrors your comparison. I wholeheartedly agree with your comments about fuse 15. It's an amazing sound for a car with all those filters in the way, I guess not having a turbo to further dull the sound helps :) I'm waiting for a week when I have less work on and better weather to really get to grips with my new car.
My real name is Amanda, the username is a reference to my favourite band :)
ianp

Post by ianp »

Blue seems to be a bit of a theme.
F-TYPE P300 2019MY R-Dynamic, Santorini, 20" Diamonds, Climate, Park & Meridian Surround.
Pre: XE P250 2017MY R-Dynamic, Caesium.
Audio: Meridian 808v5, 861v4, DSP7.2k L/R, DSP5k C, DSP33 R & DSW 1500 Sub.

• You may also be interested in...
    Replies
    Views
    Last post