P450 info wanted

Jaguar F-Type Order Forum
DriverDawn

Post by DriverDawn »

Hi there,
Just joined the forum and so glad to see a UK centric place with so much knowledge and support.

So I'm looking for a P450 and would like as new as possible as I'm sure it will be a keeper. I spoke to a Jag dealer last week about a 23 P450 and enquired about new as a comparison and he said you can't order new cars anymore. Is that right so it just leaves the odd pre reg and older cars? I see some pre reg cars sub 70k. Is this a good price? I'm a bit confused because an hpi valuation is way under this.

Currently driving an Z4 M40i which is much better than road tests would have you believe, the engine/trans combo is just sublime, but the Jag is well a Jag.....and it'll make much nicer noises hopefully. One question I did have is how much quieter are later ppf cars than earlier ones? I guess there's not much choice anyway with a later car.
Tx
Last edited by DriverDawn on Mon Feb 19, 2024 1:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.

munchie

Post by munchie »

Hi I have a P450 AWD. Removing Fuse 15 makes the car noisier but not to the extent of older cars - however in my mature years i dont want to attract too much unwanted attention.
Dealers will ask whatever they want to get as they dont get new stock of Ftypes but trade prices are low - hence the hpi discrepancy.

There are a few private sales at genuine prices mid 45k which provided they still have warranty and full JLR history and are clean on HPI etc reamin good buys.

And i hate to bang on but a stage 1 tune places it faster than an SVR with AWD.
Cluck

Post by Cluck »

In terms of noise, yes, the older models will be louder but when an MY21 P450 can sound like this, who cares! The start of the 2nd tunnel still has me grinning from ear to ear and you can hear my childish giggles in the video because, well, it's hard not to laugh like a child when your car sounds THIS good

This was on the way back up to Santander after a 3-week driving tour of Portugal in 2022. I need to head back at some point as there was so much of the country I missed.
MY21 F-Type P450 R Dynamic in Portofino Blue, Black Exterior Pack, Performance Seats, Suede headlining (with Blur as support act)
scm

Post by scm »

Yeah, one downside of the F-Type is the extra work your grin muscles have to do. :D
MY18 F-Type V8 R AWD in Glacier White
Lots of leather and toys, and loads of noise!
MikeM

Post by MikeM »

Personally would suggest going with a 1-2 year old low miler as the initial depreciation is horrendous. Ideally still gives you remainder of manufacturer warranty and just extend from there.
MY21 P450AWD R Dynamic Coupe, Bluefire
DriverDawn

Post by DriverDawn »

Cluck wrote: Mon Feb 19, 2024 2:21 pm In terms of noise, yes, the older models will be louder but when an MY21 P450 can sound like this, who cares! The start of the 2nd tunnel still has me grinning from ear to ear and you can hear my childish giggles in the video because, well, it's hard not to laugh like a child when your car sounds THIS good
😁 Sounds loud enough. I've done the trip back on a bike from Portugal to Santander or Bilbao, can't remember which, but the roads in Spain and Portugal are epic.
Dynamic Dek

Post by Dynamic Dek »

I have a P450, it is quiet with the exhaust valves closed but with fuse 15 pulled I think it's a perfect combination of V8 noise, growels and pops.
Any louder and for me it would turn the sophisticated Jaaaag into a asbo chavmobile ;-)
P450 21MY Firenze Red
johnnymiller1000

Post by johnnymiller1000 »

Agree with munchie and MikeM, I've got a P450AWD with a Viezu map and fuse 15 rattling around the cup holder keeping the valves open. It's the perfect combo imo. It's not too quiet and still has some crackly character but its also not ASBO loud... the Viezu map really wakes the P450 up performance wise.
itsajaaaag

Post by itsajaaaag »

Who here has driven BOTH P450 and P575 and can comment on how noticeable is the power difference between them?
jagseven

Post by jagseven »

I’ve driven both - in summary you can definitely notice the extra power but I’ve never felt short changed when driving the P450 - the 5.0 supercharged V8 in any state of tune seems to be a lovely engine.
As far as I recall, in someways the P450 might even be more enjoyable because you can keep your foot on the loud pedal for longer - maybe it’s the sweet spot in the range.
Nevertheless there is something to be said for an extra 125hp when you’re in the mood!
2019MY F-Type SVR - for fun
2019MY F-Pace SVR - for family duties

• You may also be interested in...
    Replies
    Views
    Last post