Car check please

Anything F-Type related......
Somerset Jim

Post by Somerset Jim »

Thanks folks. This is all a learning curve compared to the BMW’s and Merc’s that I’m used to!

Somerset Jim

Post by Somerset Jim »

@simpleR - could you check another for me please - OW16 UEE.

Many thanks

Post by simpleR »

Hi, as with these ultra low mileage cars there is very little information available.

Car 40379
Polaris white convertible v8R from 18th July 2016. Started life with Paragon Fleet Solutions until returned with 3,569 miles in August 2017 for 1st service. This was the last time the car visited Jaguar or an independent garage with access to online service history.

As it barely hasn't moved since then and MOT shows a gap of 6 months as well I presume this a garage queen and hopefully has some paperwork to show oil, diff, plugs and other time (not distance) related work.

2 previous owners, Paragon and then current seller. Hopefully it's a private sale and you can ask questions etc
400 Sport AWD - MY18 - Black
cj10jeeper

Post by cj10jeeper »

Low mileage cars really worry me when buying. So much goes wrong when simply stood around and when driven it's often infrequent, cold engine etc. short journeys, etc.
As pointed out by simpleR you need to ensure time related items have been dealt with which the likes of oil is really important, but also other things you would not normally check. The tyres are likely original, so 8 years old. battery also likely the original, etc. Seals weep in all manner of places. They need a real good inspection, not accepting sales 'it's like a new car' banter.
2014 MY 3.0 V6S Roadster
Subtle enhancements to create the car I wanted from SVR nose cone, 400 series side skirts & customised 'design' rear bumper, to heated SVR steering wheel and more
simpleR

Post by simpleR »

MOT expires in 2 weeks.

Also please note that according to Jaguar and Police National Computer the car is WHITE.

But according DVSA the car is BLUE.
CSGMART

Post by CSGMART »

cj10jeeper wrote: Mon Mar 11, 2024 10:01 am Low mileage cars really worry me when buying. So much goes wrong when simply stood around and when driven it's often infrequent, cold engine etc. short journeys, etc.
As pointed out by simpleR you need to ensure time related items have been dealt with which the likes of oil is really important, but also other things you would not normally check. The tyres are likely original, so 8 years old. battery also likely the original, etc. Seals weep in all manner of places. They need a real good inspection, not accepting sales 'it's like a new car' banter.
Agree with this My brother in law bought a Boxster years ago and hardly used it. This caused all sorts of problems due to lack of use and it cost him big money to get it sorted before he sold it on.
2018 V6 (380) F Type Convertible
Yulong White / Black Roof / Black Vents
Gyrodyne Wheels
jagseven

Post by jagseven »

Low miles might be fine if car is used regularly - big difference between a car driving 20 miles every week versus a car that does 1000 miles in one week and then doesn’t move for the rest of the year.
2019MY F-Type SVR - for fun
2019MY F-Pace SVR - for family duties
cj10jeeper

Post by cj10jeeper »

jagseven wrote: Mon Mar 11, 2024 3:03 pm Low miles might be fine if car is used regularly - big difference between a car driving 20 miles every week versus a car that does 1000 miles in one week and then doesn’t move for the rest of the year.
Fully agree and generalisation has its problems, however in this case we can see that it was without an MOT from 09/22 to 03/23 so it would suggest it was never used for 6 months in one period.
2014 MY 3.0 V6S Roadster
Subtle enhancements to create the car I wanted from SVR nose cone, 400 series side skirts & customised 'design' rear bumper, to heated SVR steering wheel and more
Somerset Jim

Post by Somerset Jim »

Thank you for the info folks. I gave this one a miss due to having 6 previous owners and the seller not wanting to budge on price.

As a result, could I please have a car check on OW16 UEE.

Post by simpleR »

Somerset Jim wrote: Tue Mar 19, 2024 7:59 pm Thank you for the info folks. I gave this one a miss due to having 6 previous owners and the seller not wanting to budge on price.

As a result, could I please have a car check on OW16 UEE.
Already above I believe.

• You may also be interested in...
    Replies
    Views
    Last post