Car check please

Anything F-Type related......
Somerset Jim

Post by Somerset Jim »

I have found what looks to be a good example V8S with the registration X300HEL. Could I have a vehicle check please.

Also, is there a way to find a spec sheet for F Types akin to a bmw vin decoder?

scm

Post by scm »

If you know the VIN you can ask Jaguar Customer Services for a copy of the TOPIx Vehicle Summary (or used to be able to). Or find a friendly dealer.
MY18 F-Type V8 R AWD in Glacier White
Lots of leather and toys, and loads of noise!
Somerset Jim

Post by Somerset Jim »

scm wrote: Tue Feb 20, 2024 10:57 pm If you know the VIN you can ask Jaguar Customer Services for a copy of the TOPIx Vehicle Summary (or used to be able to). Or find a friendly dealer.
Ok thanks. Will see what the local dealer is like.

Post by simpleR »

Quicky....
Car 9158, white MY15 spec V8S.
A rare full Jaguar service history (not fully itemised but as serviced by Jaguar throughout it should be possible to confirm what was completed as it will all be recorded including copies of invoices). 9th big service due later this year.

Looks privately owned throughout, low miles, currently SORN, clean MOT history. As always get an independent check such as Car Vertical - 10% off via the link at the top.
400 Sport AWD - MY18 - Black
Somerset Jim

Post by Somerset Jim »

Thanks simpleR. Can you tell me what is involved in the 9th big service?

Post by simpleR »

Actually reviewing in the morning light! One of the services on this car was recorded without a schedule so it has had 8 services but is one year behind on the schedule of where it should be. When you look at service history it will make sense.

At nine years the schedule includes replacing supercharger and accessory drive belts with Jaguar wanting £1k plus for this work.
Somerset Jim

Post by Somerset Jim »

simpleR wrote: Wed Feb 21, 2024 8:35 am Actually reviewing in the morning light! One of the services on this car was recorded without a schedule so it has had 8 services but is one year behind on the schedule of where it should be. When you look at service history it will make sense.

At nine years the schedule includes replacing supercharger and accessory drive belts with Jaguar wanting £1k plus for this work.
Thank you. Very much apprecaited.

Post by Somerset Jim »

Is there a remote way to see if the car has had the software update to reduce the exhaust noise?

Post by simpleR »

Yes you can check TopiX but "exhaust muting or H239" only started in late 2016 when the DVSA rules changed and this one is older euro5 model.
Jaguandy

Post by Jaguandy »

H239 v1 has been applied to mine since owning it, presumably during a service / repair. V2 and v3 haven't.
F-Type R Coupe Firenze (Italian Racing Red) AWD MY16

• You may also be interested in...
    Replies
    Views
    Last post