Anti-Gravity Lithium Battery

Technical Advice, Faults and How-To Information.
DaddyDarren

Post by DaddyDarren »

Morning All,

My OEM battery is nearing ten years old & is ready for retirement. Have purchased an Anti-Gravity Lithium replacement…

IMG_5432.jpeg

IMG_5431.jpeg

Car in for service/MOT shortly & garage have said they will drop it in.

Anyone here fitted one in either their F-Type or other vehicle? Any issues to look out for?

TIA
White 2014 V6 Coupe
OEM P7 Grill
VAP Lowering Springs
VAP 200 Cell Cats & Downpipes
VAP Pulley & Stage II 453 BHP Remap
Vorsteiner 21” V-FF 103 Alloys
PB Brakes 8/6 Pot Drilled Big Brake Kit

scm

Post by scm »

A few guys on the US forum have fitted them and apparently have no issues with them. The Jag's charging circuitry seems to cope with it, too.
MY18 F-Type V8 R AWD in Glacier White
Lots of leather and toys, and loads of noise!
jgaxkr

Post by jgaxkr »

I had an issue with the battery tender. When it was hooked up to the power strip it would not fully charge. It kept going to step 4 & it would always fail. After many attempts at trying to figure out what was wrong, I hooked the red lead to the battery & now it goes up to step 7 & maintains the battery.
cj10jeeper

Post by cj10jeeper »

What happens if the voltage falls below 11.5v as referenced on the label where it states that it will not recharge?
Is there a workaround if you did discharge it too much?
2014 MY 3.0 V6S Roadster
Subtle enhancements to create the car I wanted from SVR nose cone, 400 series side skirts & customised 'design' rear bumper, to heated SVR steering wheel and more
DaddyDarren

Post by DaddyDarren »

scm wrote: Sun Feb 25, 2024 12:42 pm A few guys on the US forum have fitted them and apparently have no issues with them. The Jag's charging circuitry seems to cope with it, too.
Thank you scm. I did a few googles & kept bringing up a few differing forum posts. Will have another look through specific ones.

Hope I've not done normal trick of buying before completing due diligence. Appreciate your time.
White 2014 V6 Coupe
OEM P7 Grill
VAP Lowering Springs
DaddyDarren

Post by DaddyDarren »

jgaxkr wrote: Sun Feb 25, 2024 12:52 pm I had an issue with the battery tender. When it was hooked up to the power strip it would not fully charge. It kept going to step 4 & it would always fail. After many attempts at trying to figure out what was wrong, I hooked the red lead to the battery & now it goes up to step 7 & maintains the battery.
Thank you. Will look out for this 👍
White 2014 V6 Coupe
OEM P7 Grill
VAP Lowering Springs
scm

Post by scm »

DaddyDarren wrote: Sun Feb 25, 2024 2:15 pm
scm wrote: Sun Feb 25, 2024 12:42 pm A few guys on the US forum have fitted them and apparently have no issues with them. The Jag's charging circuitry seems to cope with it, too.
Thank you scm. I did a few googles & kept bringing up a few differing forum posts. Will have another look through specific ones.
Unhingd was one member who has one on his V6 manual. Big thread here ... https://www.jaguarforums.com/forum/f-ty ... ed-251164/
MY18 F-Type V8 R AWD in Glacier White
Lots of leather and toys, and loads of noise!
RPSN

Post by RPSN »

Could the lighter Anti-Gravity Lithium-ion Battery have an adverse affect on the car’s 'Optimum Weight Distribution' I wonder?

Taken from the F-Type brochures.....

"An uncompromising focus on weight distribution achieves the optimum balance between front and rear wheels, with items such as the battery, electronic systems and even the washer bottle located at the rear of the car."

"Meticulous attention to detail in the design and construction has put the battery, electronic systems and even the washer bottle at the rear to give perfect balance. All these factors combine to ensure that F-Type is inherently agile and a real pleasure to drive."

1.png

2.png

2016MY V6S Coupe RWD Auto 380PS Supercharged
Rhodium Silver
Panoramic Glass Roof
Sports Seats (heated) in Jet Leather
Seat Memory Pack 2 (14x14 way)
Powered Tailgate (open & close)
Reverse Park Camera with Guidance
Front Parking Aid
cj10jeeper

Post by cj10jeeper »

I dint t think rhe lighter battery will impact
performance in any material negative way.
Moving a standard 26kg battery front to back makes an effective 52kg balance change. Washer bottle perhaps another 25kg and modules say 5kg, Totalling c80kg of movement
The lighter battery just 17kg as it’s reducing not shifting weight.
I’d add the F Type is hardly a super lightweight car in the first place.
2014 MY 3.0 V6S Roadster
Subtle enhancements to create the car I wanted from SVR nose cone, 400 series side skirts & customised 'design' rear bumper, to heated SVR steering wheel and more
paddy1000111

Post by paddy1000111 »

Has anyone got any feedback from the long term on these? I've just put a new OEM battery in mine after it failed after 8 years of service. Considering the costs etc are they effective? I've not had great experiences with lithium ion battery packs as they don't seem to handle cold/hot fluctuations
2016 V6S, Italian Racing Red, black trim kit. Regularly polished to perfection.

• You may also be interested in...
    Replies
    Views
    Last post